Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a black sticker to cover the ugly air bag sticker on the sun visor?

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Take a hair drier and slowly peel them off.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you dont use the hair dryer, RPI designs sells them. I think I paid 10 bucks and it came with both covers that go right over. Cant even tell its there anymore.

I would have done the heat method, but didnt haven the equipment and live in an apartment (in college) so its not like I could take a hair dyer out to the parking lot and it work. Either way you should be happy.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you dont use the hair dryer, RPI designs sells them. I think I paid 10 bucks and it came with both covers that go right over. Cant even tell its there anymore.

I would have done the heat method, but didnt haven the equipment and live in an apartment (in college) so its not like I could take a hair dyer out to the parking lot and it work. Either way you should be happy.

Thank you. It looks like mine are silk screened on and not a sticker, so the covers should work best for me

·
Registered
607 Posts
I believe they are all silk screen. Mine is a 2011 as well and I believe it is the same. Either way the stickers work and serve their purpose. Plus if you were ever to git rid of the car, not saying you ever will I highly doubt I ever would with a GWE, but places may want those to be visible. Cant put them back on after you steam them off...

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are NOT silk screened. I thought so too but they come right off with a little heat.
I'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work, I'll order the covers. Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Took mine off this past Saturday. 5 minute job. I used a heat gun on the low setting and waved it back and forth as to not burn any of the visor material. It then simply peels off. It left some residue so I used the heat gun again on low and the residue just vanished as if it was burning off. It looks like they were never there. Save yourself the $10 and just remove them and yes they do look silk screened but they arent. Dodge wouldnt spend the extra cash to do that nice of a job.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Took mine off this past Saturday. 5 minute job. I used a heat gun on the low setting and waved it back and forth as to not burn any of the visor material. It then simply peels off. It left some residue so I used the heat gun again on low and the residue just vanished as if it was burning off. It looks like they were never there. Save yourself the $10 and just remove them and yes they do look silk screened but they arent. Dodge wouldnt spend the extra cash to do that nice of a job.
awesome, looks like I know what I am doing this weekend. lol. I hate those ugly stickers on the visors

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just removed my "Stickers"

I was just about to cover mine with a "not so attractive" fix and was brousing thru this forum and you people saved me. I used the hair dryer method and worked very well, Thanks a load......:banger:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Glad we could help.. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I covered mine up with this!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
LOL... looks like a font from Star Wars for some reason.

It also doesn't help that these stupid warning stickers are usually installed crooked at the factory making them even sloppier looking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No matter what I try I can't seem to get rid of the outline of the sticker from my visors. When I feel it, it doesn't feel like there's any residue at all. I've tried Blue Coral, and Goo Gone. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts