Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Sunroof Guide-Slider Replacement – Has Anyone Attempted This Repair?

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chllngrswpr 
#1 ·
Sunroof Guide-Slider Replacement – Has Anyone Attempted This Repair?

Hi All
I am a long time lurker and follower/user of the forum for information.
I just registered so I could post for first time looking for some guidance/information

Has anyone attempted a Sunroof Guide-Slider Replacement?
Passenger side guide-slider on my 2009 SRT broke last weekend, currently sunroof is stuck in vent position.
Driver side attempts to pull down, but cracked Passenger side will not pull down.
(Unfortunately not a simple calibration issue, I have done that before, I can see that the slider is cracked and sunroof is “loose” on this side)

Was wondering if this repair could be done from top of car (sunroofs is in vent position, so I can take the four mounting screws out and remove the glass) or do I have to take the headliner down to get the sliders out or is it go all the way and take the whole assembly out of the car to make the repair?

I can’t find information of anyone attempting this.
Looks like the sliders are available from Mopar (that’s good), but not sure where to start.
I found a You Tube video of a Charger owner replacing the complete sunroof assembly in his car.
He made it look like the most complicated part was the time and care in taking the headliner down and disconnecting the drain tubes. After that, it looks like assembly drops out after removing mounting bolts and releasing the motor connection.

Anyone tried this, or possibly has a procedure from a service manual or parts diagram??

Any guidance or information is appreciated

See less See more
#2 ·
I would imagine you would want to follow the steps the guy did with his Charger. I would expect the headliner has to come out. I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

#3 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

Headliner (obviously you don't have to remove the windshield unless you want to remove the headliner from the car)

You may be able to get to everything by just lowering it

Good luck. BTW, online Chilton manual, search is not great though

A Guy

Reactions: MrF8Green
#4 ·
A Guy - Thank you very much for the info, diagrams and procedures, I just bought some nylon interior trim removal tools, I will probably attempt this in the next couple weeks.

If anyone else has info to share, it would be very much appreciated.

#5 ·
Ive replaced the sliders in other brands. Its not too bad, but really need the sunroof assembly out of the car. Ive had my headliner out of the car, thats a job. It will come out of the passenger door but you got to remove the seat. Even then its still tough. The manual calls for the windshield to be removed, but if you do that then youll need a new windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.