Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to decide if I should do the super 10s or the 44s.

Also do you delete resonators too? On a 2017 V6

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I just installed the Super 44's on my SXT Plus and love em!

Nice rumble at idle and sounds great when you get on it, I've read the 10's will give you some drone, I have very little with the 44's

Remove the resonators at the rear bumper or it'll be too quiet, like having 4 mufflers on.
BUT....some aftermarket mufflers will give you drone, that's why I went with the 44's, very little drone.

***UPDATE*****

I do have more drone as the mufflers have broken in more but not what I consider excessive, but everyone's ears or sound preference is different.

·
Registered
85 Posts
OP, I don't know if you had anything done yet but my .02 I deleted my resonators for straight pipes and swapped in Flowmaster Super 40's. I was in the same situation you were. I wanted 10's and Super 44's. I watched vids, asked other people but I actually called Flowmaster and the rep I spoke with told my its confusing but the Super 40's are louder than the 44's. The 44's are more of the modern sound and the 40's are old muscle car sound. The 10's as it says on their website, not recommended for daily driving. And they sound loud like no conversation in the cab loud. Which I like but I also don't want my wife and kids not wanting to drive in the car with me. If you don't delete the res you won't get the full effect since the res controls sound. I really like the way my Super 40's sound. But I'm also curious how the 10's would have sounded as well.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I actually called Flowmaster and the rep I spoke with told my its confusing but the Super 40's are louder than the 44's. The 44's are more of the modern sound and the 40's are old muscle car sound.
Funny, I read on FLOWMASTERS site that the 44's have a more "aggressive" sound than the 40's.
I wonder if the rep got it backwards??

What's a "modern" sound?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Funny, I read on FLOWMASTERS site that the 44's have a more "aggressive" sound than the 40's.
I wonder if the rep got it backwards??

What's a "modern" sound?
I know right. I think it's maybe not as old school as the 40's maybe. But I specifically said, I wanted old school muscle sound and which is louder the 44's or 40's. He said it's confusing but the 40's are actually louder than the 44's. I can't remember much else off the top of my head

1 - 5 of 5 Posts