Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was posted in the 2015 Challenger Information thread, but Super Track Pack will be available on the SXT V6 models for the first time beginning in 2015.

:smokin:

Super Track Pak

Drive the Challenger how it was meant to be driven with handling that takes you to the edge. The Super Track Pak, available on Challenger R/T, comes with performance-tuned steering, a stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, Goodyear Eagle® Supercar® tires and three-mode Electronic Stability Control (ESC)+ that can be completely deactivated for the ultimate track experience.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
The SXT with the 8 speed and STP sounds like a real fun car to drive.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice...good option...making the V6 even more appealing

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
20 x 8.0-in. cast aluminum Hyper Black II wheels, high-performance steering, P245/45ZR20 BSW Goodyear tires, anti-lock four-wheel disc high performance brakes, performance suspension, 3.07 rear-axle ratio and Dodge Performance Pages :).

·
Registered
387 Posts
So they are still going to use the 3.07 even with the much different ratios that the 8-speed provides? I was wondering about this. Very interesting.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just don't see the point of this performance package on the V6 engine platform..

The extra cost of this add on will likely push you into base R/T range.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I think I see what you're saying.

There's a 65 horsepower difference between the SXT and R/T. There is a 100 horsepower difference between the R/T and SRT. Therefore, having a performance package on the R/T is retarded. You should only be able to upgrade the performance of your car if you buy the top of the line model.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well since it says Performance Suspension I'm wondering if this really will be the same Super Track Pack suspension of today, the current SXT 20 inch wheel packages use the R/T suspension and that is also called Performance Suspension, the R/T with STP suspension is called Sport Suspension and has lowered ride height, Bilsteins and Full-Off ESP stability and traction control, so is this going to be the real STP? I was just thinking of how awesome a Black Rallye Redline with STP would be.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I just don't see the point of this performance package on the V6 engine platform..

I think options are always a good thing for consumers...options that is

I think I see what you're saying.

There's a 65 horsepower difference between the SXT and R/T. There is a 100 horsepower difference between the R/T and SRT. Therefore, having a performance package on the R/T is retarded. You should only be able to upgrade the performance of your car if you buy the top of the line model.
I don't see where she wrote anything even closely resembling what you just wrote

Reactions: shootdownthestars

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got some more info from Dodge on the STP for the SXT, it's gonna be the real deal...and will also include a body color rear spoiler on SXT, the SXT Plus will already have the spoiler included in the Plus package.

o Super Track Pak is now available on the Challenger SXT entry model, enabling all 2015 Dodge Challengers to deliver more performance thanks to a 0.5-inch lowered ride height with larger sway bars, Bilstein shock absorbers, Goodyear Eagle F-1 three-season high performance tires (available all-season tires), high-performance brake linings and three mode ESC, including full off mode.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

Why? The package will probably be a couple grand which is nowhere near the difference between a base SXT and a base R/T which still wouldn't have STP. Some buyers care a lot more about handling than they do about straight line performance. The V6 STP will probably be a great seller and finally Dodge has a serious V6 performer to match up with Ford and Chevy. A lot of buyers just don't care about the Hemi.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't see where she wrote anything even closely resembling what you just wrote
Sounded to me like the legitimacy of the V6 was once again being questioned, and if that's the case you could carry that same idea forward to the R/T. If it doesn't make any sense to upgrade your SXT with really awesome features because you'll be in base R/T territory, then it really doesn't make sense to upgrade the R/T because then you'll be in SRT territory.

Point is...where do you draw the line? Should we only allow people to have awesome Super Track Pack features on the top of the line models? Or should everybody have the choice since this is America?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Sounded to me like the legitimacy of the V6 was once again being questioned, and if that's the case you could carry that same idea forward to the R/T. If it doesn't make any sense to upgrade your SXT with really awesome features because you'll be in base R/T territory, then it really doesn't make sense to upgrade the R/T because then you'll be in SRT territory.

Point is...where do you draw the line? Should we only allow people to have awesome Super Track Pack features on the top of the line models? Or should everybody have the choice since this is America?
Well I would hardly compare freedom of choice in car options that are offered by a manufacturer with freedoms guaranteed under the Constitution.
Regardless if the STP is available or not for the V6 it doesn't de-legitamize the V6 and I don't see that anyone inferred that.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa.

What I meant is I don't understand THIS further upgraded option.. There is already an SS/T package available for the V6. It's on my car! I did not add it, it was already optioned like that, but I certainly do not wish it hadn't been there..

But like IDMT said, options. If people will buy it, why not offer it?

Lol at the "this is America" comment. Settle down.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Why? The package will probably be a couple grand which is nowhere near the difference between a base SXT and a base R/T which still wouldn't have STP. Some buyers care a lot more about handling than they do about straight line performance. The V6 STP will probably be a great seller and finally Dodge has a serious V6 performer to match up with Ford and Chevy. A lot of buyers just don't care about the Hemi.

Keep in mind some of the packages can only be added if you add another... It adds up quick.

If Dodge really wanted to boost V6 sales they would offer a 6-spd trans already!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

The current V6 at 305HP is already stronger than many of the 1970s V8 model engines. I'd say that plants it squarely in the muscle car tent as well. It's certainly no slouch. So, why not offer better handling as an option on it as well?

Folks that choose better mpg/lower payments can have their cake with some icing too.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Keep in mind some of the packages can only be added if you add another... It adds up quick.

If Dodge really wanted to boost V6 sales they would offer a 6-spd trans already!

Good idea but that would decrease V8 sales so Dodge won't do that

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The current V6 at 305HP is already stronger than many of the 1970s V8 model engines. I'd say that plants it squarely in the muscle car tent as well. It's certainly no slouch. So, why not offer better handling as an option on it as well?

Folks that choose better mpg/lower payments can have their cake with some icing too.

Oh nooo... you didn't :(

I hate when people compare the current hp output of the modern V6 to a 1970s V8 and think it puts them in the same territory. It certainly does not. It's all about torque, baby.

I never said the V6 was a slouch nor did I say it should not have any performance options available. You guys are hostile bunch lately. I am a 2011 V6 owner over hereeee.. you're turning against me lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts