Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search trying to find out more about the Super Track Pack option on the 2010 model year and ran across a comment that it would not have been available on the R/T Classic B5 Blue or Detonator Yellow cars since their production run was over by the time it was offered. I know I have seen this option on the Furious Fuscia cars and Plum Crazy Purple cars. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm just exhausted and confused at this point...

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
On 2009 and early 2010 model year Challengers, ALL 6-speed manual equipped cars came packaged with the track pack. About mid 2010MY, they announced that the track pack and super track pack would be optional on all R/T cars, both auto and manual.

So, if you get a 6-speed DY or B5 car, they will be equipped with the track pack features.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose this would explain why I am able to find DTY and B5 cars with the Track Pack option (6 speed) but not with Super Track Pack option. It seems the difference is less apparent between the 6 speed without STP versus the automatic since the 6 speed already has some of its features already. Well, I guess it won't be a deal breaker now that I know I can't get it on those colors. If I can get it with Hemi Orange, I might go for it. Otherwise, I'll be looking for a 09-10 6 speed 2009-2010 B5 Blue R/T Classic. I found one by my house with the exact options I want with no sunroof, no nav with electronics group, but they want $31,900 for it with 6400 miles. They said they'd go down maybe another $1,000, and that is it. I can pick up a 2010 leftover for that I think... Sorry, for my rambles. It's starting to turn into an obsession trying to figure all this out.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. That is what I was thinking too. I could always upgrade the suspension later if I want to. I would love to have the SRT-8 6 speed, but I think it is a little too much car for me, especially since it will be a daily driver in Chicagoland weather.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Super Track Pack was available around the first part of the calendar year 2010. The PCP cars were one of the first to get STP. Except for the ESP full-off, you could duplicate the STP with bolt-on parts, although the cost would be much higher.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To me the color is more important since the suspension is easier to change. I still like my B5 Blue although PCP is also starting to really grow on me. FF is definitelty out. Can I get the STP on a Hemi Orange R/T Classic?

·
Super Moderator
15,575 Posts
You probably can find a '10 R/T Classic in Hemi Orange, the STP option was kind of a well-kept secret, but as time went by there were dealer inventory cars built with the option.

The bankruptcy in '09 interrrupted production during the summer and Hemi Orange dropped out late in MY 2009, but was back on in MY 2010 due to demand.

You'd need to look for a late calendar 2009 build from October 2009 onward (MY 2010) - around the time the PCP color came out, the STP option appeared and Hemi Orange was back on again as well. (you also had the option of white or black stripes w/ HO color.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can I get the STP on a Hemi Orange R/T Classic?
Yes. I own one. And having driven both the TP and STP cars, I would absolutely recommend the STP car. But as has been stated here, you can upgrade the suspension later, if you can't get it on the color you want.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You probably can find a '10 R/T Classic in Hemi Orange, the STP option was kind of a well-kept secret, but as time went by there were dealer inventory cars built with the option.

The bankruptcy in '09 interrrupted production during the summer and Hemi Orange dropped out late in MY 2009, but was back on in MY 2010 due to demand.

You'd need to look for a late calendar 2009 build from October 2009 onward (MY 2010) - around the time the PCP color came out, the STP option appeared and Hemi Orange was back on again as well. (you also had the option of white or black stripes w/ HO color.
Not a fan of the white striped ones. The only downside to the STP is that I will automatically need a set rims/winter wheels for it since the car comes with Eagle F1s. This car is going to be all weather driven. Having never driven one with STP, I may not miss it afterall.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. I own one. And having driven both the TP and STP cars, I would absolutely recommend the STP car. But as has been stated here, you can upgrade the suspension later, if you can't get it on the color you want.
How does the handling compare to the SRT-8? I like the SRT-8's handling better due to it being more flat and composed. However, I was more comfortable in the R/T Classic Track Pack because it was a little softer.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thats exactly what I plan to do should I end up not going after an SRT in 2012.:browsmiley:

Not a fan of the white striped ones. The only downside to the STP is that I will automatically need a set rims/winter wheels for it since the car comes with Eagle F1s. This car is going to be all weather driven. Having never driven one with STP, I may not miss it afterall.
You may want to consider getting a cheap set of rims with snow tires anyway since the Classic wheels may not hold up to the road salt in the winter. Also, the stripes are easily removeable and replaceable with a color of your choice. Good luck in your quest.:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts