Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the R/T “Super Track Pack” springs be purchased new from MOPAR?

As I understand it, they should lower my stock R/T by about 1/2 inch - and that is all I want to do. All of the aftermarket springs are at least 1” or more of drop.

I keep watching for used STP springs to come available but no luck as yet.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have, but everyone says they end up with 1” - 1.25” of drop. I know I sound crazy to most people when I say I only want 1/2” of drop but that’s really my target. I realize most people tend to want to lower their cars much more than that.

If I can’t find a good way to get a 1/2” drop then I may go with the springs you mentioned and see what I think.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect! Although all I really want is the springs, wonder if I can buy them separately? (I’m just interested in adjusting the ride height for cosmetic purposes- not as interested in truly improving the suspension for handling quality). I’ll do some checking - looks like Steve White is the place to check - thanks.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
The problem might be that your car might have nivomats shocks, not sure what year they stopped using them. Nivomats are self leveling shocks and can't be used with lowering springs. I believe Nivomats are black in color. .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,075 Posts
Just get the front springs. All 2019 R/T's now have Super Track Pack so get a VIN off of car gurus or cars.com and your dealer can order the springs. And you'll probably get about a 1 inch drop which will be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem might be that your car might have nivomats shocks, not sure what year they stopped using them. Nivomats are self leveling shocks and can't be used with lowering springs. I believe Nivomats are black in color. .

Yeah, I’ve read/wondered about that. I need to figure out what I’ve got.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
I believe its:

Front: 5181609AB

Rear: 5181369AD

A Guy

·
Registered
14,075 Posts
I believe its:

A Guy
Agree, the fronts are what I have on the SRT and the SRT 392 with the adjustable suspension uses the front springs off the 5.7L with STP.

Yeah, I’ve read/wondered about that. I need to figure out what I’ve got.
Standard shocks are black too, I'd change the springs anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe its:

A Guy

Perfect! I used the part numbers you gave me and found them online easily enough. Besides only wanting a very subtle drop cosmetically, I’m hoping just the 1/2” or so drop these do will prevent me from running into any weird negative camber issues (HATE the look of a bunch of negative camber) requiring camber adjustment bolts, etc.

Hoping these are simple plug and play (with maybe an allignment afterwards).

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Perfect! I used the part numbers you gave me and found them online easily enough. Besides only wanting a very subtle drop cosmetically, I’m hoping just the 1/2” or so drop these do will prevent me from running into any weird negative camber issues (HATE the look of a bunch of negative camber) requiring camber adjustment bolts, etc.

Hoping these are simple plug and play (with maybe an allignment afterwards).
I put a set of SRT springs on my R/T (2015) I have no ill effects from it. Yes get it aligned when done.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
Let us know how it turned out (before and after pics)

A Guy

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Can the R/T “Super Track Pack” springs be purchased new from MOPAR?

As I understand it, they should lower my stock R/T by about 1/2 inch - and that is all I want to do. All of the aftermarket springs are at least 1” or more of drop.

I keep watching for used STP springs to come available but no luck as yet.

View attachment 986820

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I tried the find that part number, but couldn't find it for Dodge, probably been superceded a few times. Anyway, the picture shows to two different shocks, the top one is a nivomat which you do not want, bottom one is a standard shock, which you want.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
According to this old post, the Sachs that I have are the self leveling shocks that apparently aren’t conducive to lowering springs...

I haven’t pulled my wheels again yet to look at the shape of the shock but I’m pretty sure they are the fat ones shown.

So my next question is this...what happens if, for example, I put the Stage 1 lowering springs on my car with these shocks? Will I just get somewhat less than the advertised 1-1.25” inch drop? Because I would be good with that. I’m really looking for a bit less than that anyway. Or will something more detrimental happen? (Like will I end up with a HIGHER ride height?)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
According to this old post, the Sachs that I have are the self leveling shocks that apparently aren’t conducive to lowering springs...

View attachment 987392

I haven’t pulled my wheels again yet to look at the shape of the shock but I’m pretty sure they are the fat ones shown.

So my next question is this...what happens if, for example, I put the Stage 1 lowering springs on my car with these shocks? Will I just get somewhat less than the advertised 1-1.25” inch drop? Because I would be good with that. I’m really looking for a bit less than that anyway. Or will something more detrimental happen? (Like will I end up with a HIGHER ride height?)
If you have the fat shocks like the bottom one in the picture that I posted, you will be fine with the drop. If you have the shocks that have the narrow leg, like the top shock in the picture. You will run into a problem, while your purpose is to drop the vehicle, the shock will try to lift the rear, so it will counter intuitive. If it was me, I would just change the shocks over to the yellow Bilsteins on all four corners.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
1 - 20 of 86 Posts