Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Wow, that looks fantastic! Where did you get that from? Well done!
Looks great! Now add LED's like me and they really look cool at night! You might want to try and find some brighter bulbs if you plan on keeping the stock tail lamps.

·
Registered
573 Posts
those are realllly nice looking man. Been planning on doing the same thing, but i just cant decide between the Daytona or Superbird lights. Its an impossible decision. looks good

·
Registered
573 Posts
Not for me....Daytonas were out of stock..
HA. that would definitely make the choice easier. both are good. Have you checked it out at night yet? Is there much light leak when the brakes are on? I was planning on using some plasti-dip just around the edges so that wouldn't happen, but not sure if i even need to do that...

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Nice look. It really goes well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looks good ,unfortunately it resembles the 15's ...
heh, i always figured the point of these overlays is i think to resemble to tail light housings of the 71-74 challengers (and of course daytonas and superbirds).

I for one love the tail lights of the 2015's. It may be the only thing i like, but i do like them. I think the 08-14's tail lights look like a poor rip off of the 70's. Im glad they made the 2015's look a lot like the 71. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts
Reactions: guitar2323

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
heh, i always figured the point of these overlays is i think to resemble to tail light housings of the 71-74 challengers (and of course daytonas and superbirds).

I for one love the tail lights of the 2015's. It may be the only thing i like, but i do like them. I think the 08-14's tail lights look like a poor rip off of the 70's. Im glad they made the 2015's look a lot like the 71. Just my $0.02
Agree 100%:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Just put these on last night, lots of threads on their quality so I wasnt surprised by anything. They fit ok, about as expected. I didnt want to black out the tailights but wanted something different. I love the look.

So, what about the quality???

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
I like the way they look, both types. I'm on the fence though, kind of pricy for something that just tapes on.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Like it better than Daytona. Had mine out recently to install switchbacks, and had already painted center section flatblack so with a LOT of taping off, I painted the top/bottoms of all lights from reflector back and whe taping off refector area I left/made 1/4" light/separator between light to kinda match the trunk/side separator really cleans up the look from the rear at night and with 40LED tower red/switchbacks the sequentials are really cool now. Time intensive on taping up, then alcohol cleaned and Flatblack paint so low $ mod! ;)

Reactions: guitar2323
1 - 20 of 23 Posts