Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase the Daytona/Superbird (preferably the Superbird) overlays for the Challenger tail lights?

These sites seem to have them but I am not sure about the site reliability or the quality of the product.

SUPERBIRD Taillight Overlay Cover 08-up DODGE CHALLENGER SUPERBIRD Taillight Overlay Cover 08-14 DODGE CHALLENGER, SWM Superbird Taillight Panel [SWM Superbird Taillight Panel] - $279.95 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

2008-2015 Challenger Superbird/Daytona Taillight Overlays | Michigan Vehicle Solutions

Superbird Tail Light Overlay

I really love the look the Superbird taillight cover gives but I'm not sure if I want to spend almost $300 for a product that I've read has had some fitment issues as well as being made of poor materials.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,003 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I ordered mine from Mancini racing in MI. Fiberglass and very nice! I will be doing a thread with pics of my install as soon as I get some decent weather it been below zero in Ohio here the past few weeks

·
Registered
35 Posts
How well do these fit? When I bought mine 2 years ago, they did not fit my 2014 very well at all, alot of gaps and bleed through, the plastic mold did not fit the shape of the taillight.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I got them overlays for my 2012 SRT 392 and my experience was the same as above: the plastic overlay pieces didn’t fit well, didn’t stick properly, and had an overall cheap look and feel.

I purchased them on eBay from Steve White Motors and after seeing how crummy they fit and looked, had them returned for a full refund. I even had them send me, free of charge, a new set of the OE DODGE chrome letters I had to remove from my taillight in order to install their crummy overlay.

Steve White Motors then proceeded to ban me from buying any of their other accessories after that. It’s their loss as far as I am concerned. There are plentry of reputable Mopar dealers on eBay, and I have been buying from others ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts