Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I did it. My challenger is now a Superbird. I had HPP out of Detroit area perform their majic. I went to their facility last August when I picked up my car. I was impressed by their craftsmanship and with Gordon Heidacker owner of HPP. I had my wife go to Sema and meet with Gordon and his parents there. She was impressed with the whole family. that was a very important trip. It made my life a lot easier to have my wife on board for this project. I painted the whole car, including the strips. We had Kazkin custom make my interior. Mine is the 2nd Superbird that HPP hase done, but the first race model. It designed for functioning @ over 200MPH. I know I will catch some $hit from some that I altered my Challenger. It was not a easy decission to do it, as I loved the look that my Challenger had. I always wanted to own a Superbird. I remember back in 1970 when they were the fastest thing around. Plymoth made them to lure Richard Petty back to drive for them. I was lucky enough to drive one in 1971 and it left a impression on me my whole life. I like the looks and I like the modern improvements that our Challengers have. Best of both worlds .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pictures

More pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow when I started reading your post I thought I was gonna hate the look but when I saw the pictures I think it looks awesome! Great job! Do you have headlights anymore?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I prefer the look of the Challenger yes.
Did you by chance do a wind tunnel test or had HPP? Wondered what kind of difference this made for our flying brick.
Nice job on the build you had told me many months ago you were doing this. For what you are trying to do this should be a big advantage.
Good job on doing what you wanted and dam the rest lol.
Look forward to seeing this in person.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow when I started reading your post I thought I was gonna hate the look but when I saw the pictures I think it looks awesome! Great job! Do you have headlights anymore?
Thanks. Yes I do have headlights. When I turn them on the open up. Old school hide away head lights. HPP did a great job.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I prefer the look of the Challenger yes.
Did you by chance do a wind tunnel test or had HPP? Wondered what kind of difference this made for our flying brick.
Nice job on the build you had told me many months ago you were doing this. For what you are trying to do this should be a big advantage.
Good job on doing what you wanted and dam the rest lol.
Look forward to seeing this in person.
I do not have any wind tunnel info on it. It should cut though the air much better. I should also make my car safer at high speeds. And yes many will not like the conversion, but I belive some will. I did not think I would like the look on a black car, but HPP drew a rendering and I liked it. I have not picked the car up yet and will not probably get it till the 20th.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow... All I can say is that if you don't turn heads in this thing, the people you're passing by must have no neck muscles. That's a hell of a mod.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Looks great. Hope to see you at the Mojave Mile in Oct. Does the rear wing have the supports inside the trunk like the 70 Superbird? You will have problems at hi speed if it does not have those supports.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Didn't think I would like it. But...WOW!! THAT THING IS SOOO SIIICCCKKK!!

Great job!

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
It turned out really well! It's cool how you incorporated the stripe on the nose. I'd own it :browsmiley:

Jack

·
Registered
239 Posts
That is exactly what makes the challenger so cool. That is WICKED!!!

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
Damn..GRIZ is now a 'BIRD and
GHOST will be a 'cuda!! :)

we are going to the animals

dont worry about the naysayers Wyoming - looks GREAT and GRIZ's engine can STOMP anything :)

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I have been watching this build as it was unfolding and love the look. Gordon has built us a SuperBird (#1) and is currently building us a Daytona, and Petty's Garage has our Challenger currently converting to Petty's Signature Series SuperBird #1, which will be in HPP's hands shortly after Petty does their thing to it.

I have been working with Gordon for almost 2 years now and have always been impressed with his quality, attention to detail and his craftsmanship. I am also working with them on a Charger Concept for SEMA this year. Stay tuned...

Again, this car looks awesome and I know you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have seen this type of conversion before somewhere (might have been a concept drawing) and it didn't work for me. However, this car looks fantastic! How about a picture with the headlights on? Curious what it would look like. Very neat conversion.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Dude, that thing looks great! I have a feeling you will be catching minimal flack from people about it. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Freakin Awesome! Maybe tint the windows darker? Damn and I'm sitting here wondering how to paint the grille surround black! :scratchhead:

Love it! Enjoy....

1 - 20 of 155 Posts