Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between the two. I've had the srt for 2 years but the new vette is really growing on me.
I love speed and would prob work the new vette with my current mods at the track.
If I go with the blower ill prob put a nice ram air hood on the challenger as well.
Going to take my time deciding over the next couple months>
Opinions? lol

Q

·
0 Posts
I'm torn between the two. I've had the srt for 2 years but the new vette is really growing on me.
I love speed and would prob work the new vette with my current mods at the track.
If I go with the blower ill prob put a nice ram air hood on the challenger as well.
Going to take my time deciding over the next couple months>
Opinions? lol
Not really sold on the 'vette.

Besides, the look of the Challenger screams MUSCLE. The 'vette not so much.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Really two different animals my friend. If I had the disposable income and did not need the room and passenger accommodations of the Challenger then I would most certainly get the Vette.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I agree with jaelliott, they are two different types of cars for two different types of driving. If speed is your number one priority and nothing else matters, go for the vette; but, consider this: unless you are tracking the car, both the srt and the vette offer more than enough performance for everday street driving. The question is, where is the car going to spend most of it's time. I had a C6 vette and getting in and out gets tiresome as it's so low to the ground. It has no cargo space to speak of; and for those times you have a third or forth person with no ride, they are out of the equation. If you have the itch, scratch it, then come back.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Stingray!!!!!!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I probably wouldn't be able to sell the challenger if I had a magna charger running 8lbs of boost. It would be too fun
If I bought the stingray id immediately have to mod the car again and toss another 5k out the window on things I already did to the challenger
on the fence

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The Stingray will have its talking/performance points when you take it a car show, race track etc. It will definitely outperform the Challenger... if that's your goal.

I've found that all we can really ask for is a complete package from the factory that makes us confident driving and comfortable with our car.

I would say, if you're already talking about modifying the StingRay before even getting it/driving it, I'd wait before making switch decisions... there is always something better, brighter, and faster just around the corner that you may want.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not that this matters, but do you have a second vehicle to take people around when need be? I would have gotten a Stingray instead of the R/T but then I thought about it... Do I plan to take my daughter for rides in the car, if so the vette is not for me, because it has no backseat at all, no car seat, no fun drives with my daughter or wife... The vette while it's is a pretty sweet ride, the Challenger is more passenger friendly.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not that this matters, but do you have a second vehicle to take people around when need be? I would have gotten a Stingray instead of the R/T but then I thought about it... Do I plan to take my daughter for rides in the car, if so the vette is not for me, because it has no backseat at all, no car seat, no fun drives with my daughter or wife... The vette while it's is a pretty sweet ride, the Challenger is more passenger friendly.

Yea I may wait a year or two
My 5 year old loves the challenger he doesn't want to go in my wife's jeep
I think he would be devastated if I sold it and I would miss the car rides with him
Looks like a supercharger will be my late winter / spring project

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The vette is nice, and fast, but I don't want a daily driver I have to climb out of and it has no storage area for taking trips. If you can afford it and can live with the downsides then go for it. I'd like one of each!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
IF I were not 6' 5" - that new Corvette would be in my driveway. I love love love my Challenger, but that Stringray is an awesome car...I just can't fit comfortably into one.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
A usable daily driver, with awesome performance, easy seating for four, with gobs of trunk space...challenger no competition.
Two seater car that looks awesome and appears to be doing a hundred sitting still...stingray

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
each car serves its own purpose. If pure speed and handling is what you are seeking, the corvette fits your needs. If you need speed, handling and seating capacity, the challenger is for you. SC'ing it is badass

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
they are in 2 different categories....you cant compare the 2

the vette is super cool.....but in a few years it will look blah when you see 100 of them a day.....

I used to see 1 Challenger a week...now I see 2-3 a day...its not all that much special to gawk at anymore....I still never see a SRT though

if it were me id pick the vette.......you will over pay for it, but it will out perform your Challenger in every way

if you SC your Challenger you screw your warranty and your engine may only last 75,000 miles or less

·
Registered
359 Posts
if you SC your Challenger you screw your warranty and your engine may only last 75,000 miles or less
Warranty may be a moot point for the OP, as his SRT is about 2 years old, so unless he sprung for the extended warranty, he probably only has a year left...

As they say you have Got to pay to play... Most people who consider a S/C or any type of modification aren't really worried about warranty

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
True, I have a year left on the warrantee but I think I have an extended . Can I sell or cash in the extended warrantee?
If I put a blower on ill prob only keep the car for another 2 years anyway bc I'll prob have 40 something thousand miles at that point
I may do a cam , heads and a torque convertor with custom tuning instead we'll see
Prob will be a little easier on the car idk

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You've had the Challenger for 2 years..
Time for the C7 in a heartbeat!
Saw 2 at the dealer today.. simply incredible! Trust me on this!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts