Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently replacing the motor on my 2010 Challenger (5.7L) with a 5.7L out of a 2013. The original motor ('10) has a 6.1 manifold with a Vortech V3. I had planned to transfer the 6.1 manifold and vortech over to the new ('13) motor but the mechanics are all advising against it saying the stock 5.7 block cannot handle it? The 2010 was cooked I believe because of the wet nitrous which I will not be keeping. Comments?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,027 Posts
The 5.7L can handle being supercharged, there are many folks on here who have done so and can attest to that. The key to s/c is, and has always been, not to push it too far; operate the equipment within its designed limits.

Adding nitrous to a s/c engine is asking a lot of an engine that wasn’t designed and built specifically to operate in those conditions.

I think you are fine s/c the stock 5.7L, but that’s obviously just an opinion. If you are the type who disables limiting functionality, bounces off redlines, and can’t say no to an impromptu race, maybe you should go ahead and buy another 5.7L now to have it ready when this one ventilates the block with a rod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts