Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I finally got around to posting this! I have had my…. Vortech V3 supercharger for about a month now and she just rips! And there are ZERO issues with drivability, the install took about 7 hours with no issues. It was scary easy, make sure you go to the dyno or you will have a few minor hick-ups. :eek:hyeah:
Those hick-ups are low RPMs at a stop and you motor will be running super rich, but that’s better than lean. Usually to dyno your car and when I say this it’s a ball park is 500 bucks but you will get every single horse out of that new supercharger. Oh and that’s usually an ALL DAY thing so don’t make any plans.
Here are a few pictures of my engine bay and the car, ya I know I have a duck on the hood (its actually The Death Proof Duck from the movie Death Proof and Convoy.) I also put supercharger badges on the side of the fenders as soon as I installed it last month I think it looks pretty wicked. My 0-60 time has dropped over a second and a half to 4.84 seconds. :woot: Shes pushing 408 rwhp! Going back to the dyno on the 8th I 'll post new dyno sheets then and a video!
If you have any questions let me know!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still under 30K invested. The kit ran me 4500 and the dyno was 500 so 5K total for all that hp. Plus I'm getting 22 MPG or better and that's mixed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the install by myself. I am mechanicly inclined, if your not well its going to take you a bit longer and I don't really suggest you installing the kit. I drove her an hour to the dyno with no issues and the kit came with a tune that is very driveable.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
very nice...congrats

Reactions: RocknRolla

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Very well done, would love to see a video of her running.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya but not like you would expect. This this is a total sleeper when you pull next to it.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Reactions: RocknRolla

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,660 Posts
I am having a vision...

a vision about your future...

it's hard to tell for sure, but...

yep, it appears as though you are about to start engaging in general jack-assery on a semi-regular, if not daily, basis...

can't say as I blame you though, I would do the exact same thing! Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am having a vision...

a vision about your future...

it's hard to tell for sure, but...

yep, it appears as though you are about to start engaging in general jack-assery on a semi-regular, if not daily, basis...

can't say as I blame you though, I would do the exact same thing! Congrats!!
I like that LOL! Should of named the car that, General Jack-assery :p

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,660 Posts
Something to keep in mind if you find yourself engaging in the type of jack-assery that involves exceeding the speed limit: if the fuzz clocks you at >100mph, it's an automatic trip to jail for reckless driving.

At least that's how it is around here, and I suspect this isn't the only state with such a law on the books.

One more piece of advice in case you don't heed my first one: if they put you in a cell already populated with other scofflaws and miscreants, try to get aholt of the toilet paper roll when no one is paying attention. It makes for a damned good pillow when "lights out" rolls around.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Something to keep in mind if you find yourself engaging in the type of jack-assery that involves exceeding the speed limit: if the fuzz clocks you at >100mph, it's an automatic trip to jail for reckless driving.

At least that's how it is around here, and I suspect this isn't the only state with such a law on the books.

One more piece of advice in case you don't heed my first one: if they put you in a cell already populated with other scofflaws and miscreants, try to get aholt of the toilet paper roll when no one is paying attention. It makes for a damned good pillow when "lights out" rolls around.
U have no idea how hard I laughed at that last part!
It's hard to keep my foot off the pedal but I know how to keep out of trouble knock on wood.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks djpiezo, I do the video here in the next 2 hours. I'm still stuck at work for now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts