Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a 09 srt8 auto its got a procharger on it and about 15,000 miles on it. That's about all I know - I cant seem to get anymore info about it other than being reasonably priced. Its at a dealer that doesn't know alot about the car ( or wont spill more like it ) - I had to tell them it didn't come factory on it. What things could I look for to give me more info on the supercharger or install and how does the tune play into this ? do I need a diablo predator to get a known good tune ? It has no warranty on drive-train which is why I think its a good price - hopefully will test drive this weekend. I don't know a whole bunch about superchargers and there tunes. Is this a good idea or a recipe for disaster. Thanks

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm looking at getting a 09 srt8 auto its got a procharger on it and about 15,000 miles on it. That's about all I know - I cant seem to get anymore info about it other than being reasonably priced. Its at a dealer that doesn't know alot about the car ( or wont spill more like it ) - I had to tell them it didn't come factory on it. What things could I look for to give me more info on the supercharger or install and how does the tune play into this ? do I need a diablo predator to get a known good tune ? It has no warranty on drive-train which is why I think its a good price - hopefully will test drive this weekend. I don't know a whole bunch about superchargers and there tunes. Is this a good idea or a recipe for disaster. Thanks
like a chick you meet late late night at the Harley Blowout.......nobody knows nothing so everything you think is likely true.......run like hell or........tarp your load.

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts
That car should have a Predator with it. The tune for the supercharger and the original back up are locked in the one they used to tune the car. If you can't get it from the dealer or prior owner it's a lot of trouble no matter how sweet the deal.

·
Registered
311 Posts
see if they will contact the previous owner for their installation paperwork. It's worth a shot, man.

The main thing is this: People DO NOT put a SC on their car for looks. So, if you think that the cars guts haven't been knocked up, then you're wrong.

However, it's always a thought that the person did care for the car regardless, like most of us seem to do on the forum here.

Get your warranties, guarantees, blah blah, etc. before you drive off the lot. better yet, before signing the paper works.

Do what you waaaaant, man. It's fun getting stared at in these vehicles.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
for one that procharger has got a serial number on it. contact procharger through this forum and see if you can get info on the tuner. if it was sold complete you might be able to track the vendor. im sure you can get answers by researching.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good thoughts

Ok so if it didn't have the predator I couldn't get another one and load a new tune ? download tune form car ? - guts knocked up ? I figured if it was at 6psi and a sound tune then there's plenty of life left. They did tell me that the previous owner had spent alot on it and it was no "kid car" whatever that means. When I pushed as to the fact that he also got rid of it they said he has plenty of vehicles and business through them. I will definitely get more info when checking it out other than pics. Just trying to get some better knowledge on what to look for. Unfortunately nobody gave me advice at the harley blowout.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Danger! I see many $$$$$ leaving your pocket and going to Chrysler for engine work!

If you do decide to go with this, you have got to know that the dealer really screwed whomever the poor sap was that traded this in. If you are EVER going to really lowball an offer, this is the time.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
You'll need the Predator that was used for the tune for sure. The original backup is in there.

One thing I wanna point out. I put a supercharger on mine, but built the motor up as well. I mainly cruise around in it and go to car shows, but do hit the track every once in a while. I baby this car and take EXCELLENT care of it.

Just because a blower is on a car doesn't mean it's been abused. Look over the rest of the car in general and you'll get a good idea of how well it's been cared for.

I document ALL my maintenance and keep oil change receipts and note mileage on them as well as a log book. Stuff like that is VERY valuable when buying a used car, or selling your own car. Look for that kind of info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts