Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
A stock Challenger hood will not close with the SC on. I was given a picture of a template for cutting the hood. You will need to fabricate a scoop or buy an aftermarket hood like the Hellcat knock off.
One last question, does the S/C work with the factory throttle body? Because I intend on getting a ported one, unless it has its own.

I believe you are right, 12.5 may be one of the quicker NON-TUNED 6.4's. One of the quicker TUNED 6.4s ran 12.17 w/DR's and Hellcat airbox mod. Its posted in tracktalk section.

I agree, the 6.4 is definitely a better choice if you plan on doing races with it (which you probably are if you want that kind of power), unless you want a little less weight on the front wheels, I like going around curves more than straight lines. :wink3:

The 6.4 sounds amazing though.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I just want to reiterate that I am a V8 guy. OST specializes in modifying and tuning all the Gen III Hemi's. We have some pretty quick cars out there including a naturally aspirated, iron block 6.1 based Hemi that runs [email protected] in a 4 door Charger - no power adders. A Hemi is without a doubt the way to go for max power and drag racing.

The other side of the equation here is that the majority of the Challengers sold are V6's - by a large margin. If only a handful of them desired to have more power a SC is a good option.
If I were to buy a Challenger today I would most likely go with the Scat Pack for the price and power. I'd then throw a turbo system on it and get after it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This Forum has a wealth of Info. I am looking into eventually purchasing a Challenger R/T. Only because I like V8's and the Challenger Body Style. Brings back the Classic Muscle ERA. And Dodge beat all other Manufacturers to the Punch, back in 2008. And Continues to improve these amazing looking cars. I want mine for Cruising and to pamper it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Stage1 Sprintex system sells for $5495 and is a complete, easy to install kit. The only additional item with the LC is that the hood will need to be modified or replaced to clear the supercharger.

No other modifications are required. The stock fuel system has supported the engine so far to 400+whp on our dyno with no sign of needing a larger system - including running E85.

The V6 even comes with a keyed crank from the factory! Unlike the Hemi's or even the SC'd Hellcat which is odd.

Installation is approximately $700.

As far a durability this Challenger we have has been up and down the east coast from Toronto Canada to Florida and back. Every shop it has stopped at along the way has beat the living daylights out of it. It has been to numerous drag strips and almost 50 hours of dyno time testing fuels like 87, 93, ms109, E85 and c16. All being pushed to the limits numerous times at WOT. This Pentastar V6 is VERY stout.

The added bonus is that it gets better fuel mileage than a Hemi as long as you stay out of the throttle.

It's not a RT or SRT but it sure is a cool, proven option for the V6 owners.
does the sprintex supercharger for v6 fit on a 2011 challenger i am looking into making it faster, if not i will go buy a skyline then

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
does the sprintex supercharger for v6 fit on a 2011 challenger i am looking into making it faster, if not i will go buy a skyline then
RRRiiiiiigggghhhhhttttt.
V6 Challenger +$6000 or more, OR a Skyline?
Looks like they only say 2012+ but is a 2011 3.6 different?

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
The Stage1 Sprintex system sells for $5495 and is a complete, easy to install kit. The only additional item with the LC is that the hood will need to be modified or replaced to clear the supercharger.

No other modifications are required. The stock fuel system has supported the engine so far to 400+whp on our dyno with no sign of needing a larger system - including running E85.

The V6 even comes with a keyed crank from the factory! Unlike the Hemi's or even the SC'd Hellcat which is odd.

Installation is approximately $700.

As far a durability this Challenger we have has been up and down the east coast from Toronto Canada to Florida and back. Every shop it has stopped at along the way has beat the living daylights out of it. It has been to numerous drag strips and almost 50 hours of dyno time testing fuels like 87, 93, ms109, E85 and c16. All being pushed to the limits numerous times at WOT. This Pentastar V6 is VERY stout.

The added bonus is that it gets better fuel mileage than a Hemi as long as you stay out of the throttle.

It's not a RT or SRT but it sure is a cool, proven option for the V6 owners.
That's proof right there that the Hypereutectic pistons and nodular iron crank can handle quite a bit of abuse. There are stock Turbo charged cars right from the factory with Hypereutectic pistons as apposed to forged. Ring gap is really the biggest issue with throwing boost on these engines. And to that point, the Hypereutectic pistons are resistant to expansion under heat which helps with using boost with the stock ring gap.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts