Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
If the engine is built from the ground up for the power adders, then sure you can run them. But not with factory pistons with the thin top compression ring land. Anything more than ~8 pounds of boost is asking for trouble in the long run with stock pistons. I'm not a fan of nitrous, so I've never really looked into how much is safe with a stock engine. It can work great, and it has the advantage of significantly lowering intake temperatures as the liquid NO2 evaporates, which helps prevent detonation. I just don't like the thought of another consumable to carry, nor do I like what happens with nitrous if the mixture ever slips lean for even a split second... :(

·
Registered
437 Posts
You would need fully forged rods and pistons, the motor honed,decked and rebalanced, bigger cam, ported heads, stronger valves, ported intake, upgraded fuel system, headers and an upgraded drive train and rear end. THEN you need to find a really GOOD tuner!! Cheaper to buy a stroker!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Can you run nitros and have a supercharger and what problems will you run into on a RT????
forge the bottom end and your good to go. Lots of 11 sec club R/Ts do both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts