Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Supercharger at last!

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  PaulPaladin 
#1 ·
Backordered.......5 day snow shutdown in Atlanta....she's finally being installed. Pickup at 11AM tomorrow. But for now>>>>>:guiness:

#2 ·
Good job.. excited?

#7 ·
Congrats! You're gonna love the power.

#8 ·
wow. I think we were running about 4 seconds to 60. It's not the same car, not even close. I expected significant increase but not this much!

Installed in Buford, GA by the guy who co-founded SpeedFactory. Only downside is I am now stuck with a Mopar CAI that I bought with the car before my wife let me order the magnacharger. They tried to use it but would have required modding it to do so, so they put the factory box back on.

We had some awesome takeoffs in an empty factory parking lot. We had maybe 100 yards of room for running wide open but could hit 60 on a good run.

#10 ·
Congratulations! Boost can become addictive. :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Got harassed by a truck Saturday noght. I was pumping gas and heard an unmistakeable cam lope coming through a fiarly open exhaust. I didn;pt even look at him but knew what was coming.

Not looking to run Silverados but hey.........he started it and quite frankly could have given me a good run stock.....that sucker had some mods.

We gave him 3 car lengths after he got on it before we kicked it and immediately went strolling by like he was parked. Did not want to show off so I let off as soon as I shot by. I was actually impressed with the way that old truck launched. We weaved through some traffic and I got beside him so I could give him a "thumbs up" on his truck. I did so and looked over, saw a teen with his cute girlfriend up next to him. Figured that a Challenger showing him some respect might help the boy that night!:pimp:

Sigh. 49 year old tax lawyer in a blown Challenger racing Silverados driven by 17 year olds.

Can't wait til next weekend!:bigthumb:

#15 ·
Haha, I was in my supercharged 4Runner one afternoon and in front of me these two ricer cars took off from a red light racing. I couldn't help but mash the gas and see what they'd think when a 4Runner blew by them. A little weave, juke to the other lane, and passed em' both pretty quick with my hand waving out the window.

The girlfriend said I shouldn't be such a bad influence on the youth.

#20 ·
Hey Speedy, I ordered the magnacharger from Arrington. Found the best deal on shophemi.com and called them up. They were awesome but they did fail to prevent the snow in Atlanta that put me 5 days behind schedule!

#28 ·
What kind of engine wear does a supercharger bring? I really want to do one, but I hate the idea of giving up the lifetime powertrain warranty on my 09 R/T, as I truely intend to keep the car for a very long time.

In any case, a supercharger is an excellent solution for those R/T owners tempted by the 6.4 in the new SRT8, just pop in a SC for substantially less than it would cost to trade cars, and blow away the SRT8. :)

#30 ·
Yeah, I'd love to know too. I'm just up the road in Greenville, SC...sold my 07 GT500 and while I LOVE my Challenger, I miss the supersharger whine and the kick in the ass from 500+ HP......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.