Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question pretty much is I am running a Techco supercharger and only 5.5psi boost. I have a catch can as well. But as I read on here, it should fill up about half way or less every 3000 miles, of course this being on a stock application. Mine fills up full in almost 400 miles? Sometimes more if your romping on it. When you run a supercharger and a catch can, since it is running higher atmospheric pressure, does it make it fill up the catch can and is it normal? Supercharged guys any input here what are your catch can fill up intervals?

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
My question pretty much is I am running a Techco supercharger and only 5.5psi boost. I have a catch can as well. But as I read on here, it should fill up about half way or less every 3000 miles, of course this being on a stock application. Mine fills up full in almost 400 miles? Sometimes more if your romping on it. When you run a supercharger and a catch can, since it is running higher atmospheric pressure, does it make it fill up the catch can and is it normal? Supercharged guys any input here what are your catch can fill up intervals?
I have a Maggie Blower running at 12 PSIG Boost and I have next to nothing in the catch can last tine I cheched ( 1000 Miles ). Mine is piped from the Oil Filler tube to the Check valve to the Catch Can to the Blower Inlet after the TB

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Your crankcase is now postive pressure, with the supercharger. Your expected to see a lot more oil in your catch can. Mine has to be emptied every tank of gas. Not sure if it will work with yours but Mr norms has a valve that will return the oil to the crank for the Kenne Bell.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a KB also and I have to empty mine every 2 tanks of gas. KB said to check it every fill up.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Right or wrong, when we installed my Techco 3.0 we removed the catch can and ran the pvc directly to the intake elbow after the throttle body. It seems to be OK. The
reservoir for the S/C inner cooler sets in that area now. California emissions probably won't let you do this tho...

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Mine seemed to fill up about every 1500 miles after I put my blower on. I went to a bit heavier oil (Mobil1 10W40) and it's not filling up near as fast. I've got about 1000 miles since I last emptied it and it maybe had 1/4" of oil in it.

My motors built though and is spec'd to a heavier oil so check that before you change yours.

Also make sure your PCV valve and everything is installed correctly. Sam was having an oil issue and found is PCV valve was backward.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Right or wrong, when we installed my Techco 3.0 we removed the catch can and ran the pvc directly to the intake elbow after the throttle body. It seems to be OK. The
reservoir for the S/C inner cooler sets in that area now. California emissions probably won't let you do this tho...
If your routing it back into the intake you are buring a lot of oil and dropping your octane way down. My catch can like everyone else with a SC fills very quick. I would run the catch can or plumb it back into the motor some how.

2010 RT 6 Speed KB Tuned by Adam @ ST

1 - 8 of 8 Posts