Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum, and sorry if this has been covered, and dont want to start a big debate, but trying to decide on a supercharger to install on a 6.1 2010 6 spd. having a good dyno and custom tune in south/central florida is important. going to do install myself...any recomendations? I had a vortech on a 2008 mustang gt and liked it just fine.

·
Registered
254 Posts
wait for the edelbrock twin screw to come out and then let evderybody know how it is!
Edelbrock is not a twin screw. Same tvs setup as the maggies. To answer the OP question the MagnaCharger is a great system and customer service is the best.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
The Edelbrock and Maggie use the same compressor but very different setups. The long runners on the Edelbrock would give more bottom end power (in theory) at the expense of top end. I doubt that it really matters in the long run, but it is a consideration.

I would be curious what the IATs are. Some say that the Runners add to heat soak, but my temps stay pretty cool on the Techco.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
There are many threads out there about this. If you want instant boost I'd go with a KB 2.8LC. If you want more linear and streetable power go with a ProCharger stage II with the d1sc blower. Get the helical gears if you want it to be very quiet.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Edelbrock is not a twin screw. Same tvs setup as the maggies. To answer the OP question the MagnaCharger is a great system and customer service is the best.

My bad your right, there was a thread that said edelbrock twin screw and that was all i could remember at the time, looked it up again i get it now.
Id still like to see how it does though.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
One other thing: If you're staying on your stock bottom end don't listen to anyone talk about which blower will make more power. You won't be able to crank it up high enough for that to make a difference. Go with ease of install, drivability, noise, etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the replys...anyone comment on a south or central florida shop w dyno and custom tuning capabilities...Jessika?

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
I saw an episode of Horse Power TV on Sunday where they were taking a tour of the Edelbrok plant and I saw someone installing the rotors in the blower and They WERE TWIN SCREWS !!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
"The core of the system is the all new Eaton Gen VI TVS® Supercharger rotating assembly."
Taken directly from the edelbrock website.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
The Eaton blower has the same internals as the Magnuson. It's a 160° twist roots blower. Kinda looks like screws but not quite.

My guess the reason most manufacturers use the TVS system is lower IATs for a safer setup. The ZR1 Vette uses the same thing.

·
Registered
297 Posts
thanks for the replys...anyone comment on a south or central florida shop w dyno and custom tuning capabilities...Jessika?
I would contact SpeedLogix! 561/687-3712
To be fair, they do sell most of the blower setups. If you have any questions you can call me and we can chat... Or give the SpeedLogix guys a call.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Where in Florida are you. We are in West Palm and specialize in this platform and forced induction. There are a ton of great options available now. We carry Magnacharger, Procharger, Vortech, as well as the new Edelbrock once it is available in addition to Hellion and STS Turbo systems. We can get you setup with Joahn from Diablo for a dyno tune if you like as well as provide you a canned or startup tune to get you going. Let us know what questions you have.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts