Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all! I'm new here and I'm looking for information on where in the NH seacoast area I may be able to get a super charger installed in my RT. I know I could just upgrade to the 6.4 L engine in a 392, or Hellcat, but I really love my car and don't want to get rid of her just to get more power. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, if you have experience with after market superchargers, do you have any suggestions on which brand is better than another? My budget is around $7K

·
Registered
580 Posts
Jannetti Racing in CT is a well known shop in the NE. picking a supercharger can be a bit confusing. it will depend on how you use the car,.how much power you want and do you think you will want to increase power further down the
road ? the Procharger D1/D1x is pretty versatile as they can make 4-5 PSI all way up to 20+. same for Whipple 2.9 and Edelbrock Eforce 2650. Centri style like the Procharger power gradually climbs unlike positive displacement style like Whipple and Edelbrock where the power is more instant. all depends on the manners you're looking for.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,915 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) If you find a legit shop, they can no doubt advise on the best choice for your desired results...hopefully from their experience

A guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all! I'm new here and I'm looking for information on where in the NH seacoast area I may be able to get a super charger installed in my RT. I know I could just upgrade to the 6.4 L engine in a 392, or Hellcat, but I really love my car and don't want to get rid of her just to get more power. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, if you have experience with after market superchargers, do you have any suggestions on which brand is better than another? My budget is around $7K

View attachment 996436

View attachment 996437

View attachment 996438
Hey! Welcome to the forum. You can check with Granite State Dyno & Tune in Hudson, NH. I know they do a lot of performance upgrades and, conveniently, can do tuning as well. I had my tune done by them after having my RIPP supercharger installed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So there is a few of us from NH....

we need to put together a challenger cruise night....

Granite state Challenger
Awesome info... was wondering where I can get a tune in NH

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,810 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Your $7k budget is a healthy one if you're going to do the work yourself, but if you're not then it might not be enough once you add in the labor, then the tune (unless self tuning) and other miscellaneous stuff.

When I put the blower on my old C5 Vette, I was told by some experienced people that you should take your budget and add 10% if doing F/I (Forced Induction) for small things that pop up...and usually something always pops up.

My advice is to always check the for sale ads and see if someone is selling one at a fair price. Sometimes there are some really good deals that pop up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts