Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Vendor
12,393 Posts
So as Toxic mentioned, Arrington sent me tunes via diablo sport. Although at that time I think they were using a 3rd party tuner (the tale I heard it was Petty's Garage :dunno: ). Shortly after they dialed in my tune the business was sold off and a couple of months later I installed headers (with high flow cats) which prompted me to update my tune. Since the trinity has very limited tuning capabilities I switched over to HP tuners and all I did was load the tunes with the trinity which I then read with HP tuners and then finally loaded with HP. Using my wideband and fuel gauge I was able to make the adjustments to PT and PE fueling that were needed.

Looking at the final tune from Arringtion in HP there were several things I did not like...for starters they deactivated my rear O2s and disabled a bunch of DTCs which prevented me from getting all the emissions monitors to pass. After trial and error I found the rear O2s didn't impact fueling (provided COT was raised) and I managed to enable all DTC monitoring without any issues. In fact, I was finally able to get my emissions monitors to all pass which is why I stopped messing with the tune as the car is due for emissions in October. Once I get the HC cam installed I plan on getting it finally tuned on a dyno but that will all happen after the emissions test.
the other way around, Pettys was using Arrington back in the hay days, eventually one of the tuners from Arrington as they where failing as a business went to Petty, good tuner, dont know if he is still there

many stories regarding the final days of Arrington, its a shame, at one time, they were producing great engines and builds

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
the other way around, Pettys was using Arrington back in the hay days, eventually one of the tuners from Arrington as they where failing as a business went to Petty, good tuner, dont know if he is still there

many stories regarding the final days of Arrington, its a shame, at one time, they were producing great engines and builds
I think it wasn't too long after I got my Maggie from them that they started going under. It is a shame indeed.
They were once the go-to. To the point where they worked with Dodge directly. No idea what happened.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,608 Posts
I'm running a Magnuson, which came from Arrington via High Horse Performance, on my Shaker. It's the owner at High Horse Performance who does my tunes, and it's my understanding that he's about the best in the business. My Shaker is still a work in progress, and I'll post all of the results once it's completed. I intend to have at least 14 lbs of boost then.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,375 Posts

I think the tuner may have gone to Petty when I got my system because my contact at Arrington would frequently say they are waiting to hear back from the tuner (it was usually a couple of days delay).

·
Vendor
12,393 Posts
I think the tuner may have gone to Petty when I got my system because my contact at Arrington would frequently say they are waiting to hear back from the tuner (it was usually a couple of days delay).
may very well be,

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
matt glad is the tuner that trained under a.j. he is now at petty's and doing a great job. a.j. has his own shop in new york and from what i hear is busy.

the tuner that is being used at the new ARRINGTON in michigan is the tuner that does all the tuning for magnuson. i know this because a friend sent his car back out there for a new supercharger upgrade trans diff ect and he talked to the guy in person there that tunes for them.

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Just as a matter of reference for this thread, AJ is Hemi tuna, and he is out of New York/New Jersey..... Josh is the owner of HHP and he is out of Delaware. Not sure if that all came across correctly or not. Both of these guys are amazing tuners and extremely busy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry for being late I had to reset my password. But as far as the fuel pump goes, can I just get the pump irs self or do I have to get the complere system?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
you can easily run 8 psi with a fuel system,the Magnuson will offer the best reliability and durability of the 3, at 8 psi will make approx 450whps which is about 25/30 whps more then the 392

you can also do the 6 psi kit with tunign from Magnuson, $6195.00 which includes everything you need, including their tuning, if your brave enough to install and or capable of it
So I can buy the 6lb Maggie, have everything I need and they'll send a tuner with their tune and it will be safe with that tune. And I will need a full fuel system. Just the pump, or I'll be good with my stock fuel system.

·
Vendor
12,393 Posts
So I can buy the 6lb Maggie, have everything I need and they'll send a tuner with their tune and it will be safe with that tune. And I will need a full fuel system. Just the pump, or I'll be good with my stock fuel system.
the base 6psi kit from Magnuson does not require a fuel system, and yes they supply the tuning

·
Registered
135 Posts
@stevewhite Luke, does the Magnuson tvs2300 supercharger fit on hellcat head? If someone acquired a hellcat long block, does the maggie tvs2300 bolt right in just like 5.7/6.4?

·
Vendor
12,393 Posts
@stevewhite Luke, does the Magnuson tvs2300 supercharger fit on hellcat head? If someone acquired a hellcat long block, does the maggie tvs2300 bolt right in just like 5.7/6.4?
no it does not, different bolt pattern

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Can I trade in my 2300 on a 2650??? ???

21 - 40 of 93 Posts