Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Can I trade in my 2300 on a 2650??? ???
no, but will give you a great deal on a 2650, there is a lot to a 2650, you must have full Hellcat configuration, 2 belt system
so, basically everything

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the Maggie 6lbs and got it from Luke at SteveWhite motors. Did the install myself and put about 5k miles and still going strong. The kits comes with a CA complaint tune which is ok. There's a slight delay when you accelarate like a dead pedal then lights up like a turbo charger. Ended up getting a custom tune and very happy so far. I agree with Luke that this 6lbs kit is safe with 5.7L and just keep running. There's times when im really on it and it would redline on 1-2-3 shift and would defuel and fall on its face:). Engine does run great just like pre SC but with extra kick. The instructions recommend a new fuel filter but our cars does not have any fuel filter replacement but ended up upgrading to A2speed fuel pump which can also purchase via SteveWhite. Once day i'll upgrade the pulley and will try 8ps:)i

So I can buy the 6lb Maggie, have everything I need and they'll send a tuner with their tune and it will be safe with that tune. And I will need a full fuel system. Just the pump, or I'll be good with my stock fuel system.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
I have the Maggie 6lbs and got it from Luke at SteveWhite motors. Did the install myself and put about 5k miles and still going strong. The kits comes with a CA complaint tune which is ok. There's a slight delay when you accelarate like a dead pedal then lights up like a turbo charger. Ended up getting a custom tune and very happy so far. I agree with Luke that this 6lbs kit is safe with 5.7L and just keep running. There's times when im really on it and it would redline on 1-2-3 shift and would defuel and fall on its face:). Engine does run great just like pre SC but with extra kick. The instructions recommend a new fuel filter but our cars does not have any fuel filter replacement but ended up upgrading to A2speed fuel pump which can also purchase via SteveWhite. Once day i'll upgrade the pulley and will try 8ps:)i

If you want to toy around with making the boost come on harder/faster there is a small brass "pill" restrictor in the
vacuum line that runs from the SC snout to the Vacuum Actuator for the boost bypass valve. I took mine out and
it was too instant so I drilled the hole out slightly larger and reinstalled it.

Reactions: stevewhite

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If you want to toy around with making the boost come on harder/faster there is a small brass "pill" restrictor in the
vacuum line that runs from the SC snout to the Vacuum Actuator for the boost bypass valve. I took mine out and
it was too instant so I drilled the hole out slightly larger and reinstalled it.
I got the pedal commander and now you guys make me scared to use the SC and that I already do accidental burnouts Donnie I’m scared

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,362 Posts
The tune, through pedal demand and tweaking of the VVT timing, can tame the onset of boost or as some call it the "light switch" effect..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is that the one with label "Do not touch or something since it was preset at the factory? I'll look into that when i get a free time. thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks for tho info man. So was your original tune a magnuson tune?

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Is that the one with label "Do not touch or something since it was preset at the factory? I'll look into that when i get a free time. thanks!

Yep that's the one. They are warning you not to adjust or tinker with the linkage. The restrictor pill is in the vacuum
hose that comes off of that canister.

Stock hole size.

I chose to go "slightly larger" :D

Reactions: stevewhite

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, create a backup of your stock tune via Diablo tuner that came with the kit and send it to Magnuson. Recieved the maggie tune in less than 12hrs. I suggest sending the tune prior install so that you have the tune on hand to avoid the wait post install cause you want to start/hear that puppy:)

Thanks for tho info man. So was your original tune a magnuson tune?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like you really opened up that restrictor pill :LOL::LOL:. noticed shaving at the tip so i assume you drilled it out and no point return with stock bore? Thanks for posting the pics.

Yep that's the one. They are warning you not to adjust or tinker with the linkage. The restrictor pill is in the vacuum
hose that comes off of that canister.

Stock hole size.
View attachment 976529

I chose to go "slightly larger" :D

View attachment 976530

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yes, create a backup of your stock tune via Diablo tuner that came with the kit and send it to Magnuson. Recieved the maggie tune in less than 12hrs. I suggest sending the tune prior install so that you have the tune on hand to avoid the wait post install cause you want to start/hear that puppy:)
Ahh I see I thought they sent it with the tuner

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Looks like you really opened up that restrictor pill :LOL::LOL:. noticed shaving at the tip so i assume you drilled it out and no point return with stock bore? Thanks for posting the pics.
No shavings, stupid bit walked on me a little. I made sure it was good and deburred and cleaned with brake clean
when I was done with it. No going back but replacement pills are cheap. It's been good though :)

Reactions: gerv

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
geez, dont know, we are a dealer/distributor.......:cool:
Well after looking around I will be buying from you. Hopefully by March or April. And one last question the tune that’s comes with the kit you sell is Magnuson tune correct?Since everyone says it’s the safest? Don’t think I’ll be able to get an instal done by you tho which is bummer. But I’m looking forward to March!

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Well after looking around I will be buying from you. Hopefully by March or April. And one last question the tune that’s comes with the kit you sell is Magnuson tune correct?Since everyone says it’s the safest? Don’t think I’ll be able to get an instal done by you tho which is bummer. But I’m looking forward to March!
Magnuson only offers a tune for the 5.7 with 6 psi, they do not offer anything for the 6.4

Reactions: Toxic11

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
yes we have a bracket to make the shaker work with the Magnuson, 319 for the bracket and you will need a 1 inch tbi spacer

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
you do not loose any functionality, will not work with a whipple or kb, not enough room to make it work, and both the whipple and kb also create too much heat to be stuff under a scoop

41 - 60 of 93 Posts