Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Question for anyone who has experience with superchargers, or knows anyway

If a supercharger is installed in our Challengers, does this mean we have to use premium fuel now? Regular will just not cut it anymore? Or is it not a clean cut yes or no answer, and it depends on a variety of things?

Thanks!:clap:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Clean Cut yes, Premium Fuel only with superchargers.

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
not a guess, our tuning is done with 93 octane only
Luke

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes. Always use premium fuel. I use 93 octane. Superchargers increase cylinder pressure. Using lower grade gas could lead to the engine having a "knock". Knock could damage your engine. Also you will lose some performance from the engine.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Technically they could tune it for lower grad fuels. It's all about detonation. Supercharging raises the chance of detonation. They could tune it to remove some timing. But why would you? It's easier and safer to use good fuel.

You really want to use the best fuel possible.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Hello everyone. Question for anyone who has experience with superchargers, or knows anyway

If a supercharger is installed in our Challengers, does this mean we have to use premium fuel now? Regular will just not cut it anymore? Or is it not a clean cut yes or no answer, and it depends on a variety of things?

Thanks!:clap:
How is this even a question? It's a HIGH performance motor let alone with a SUPERCHARGER....I need more :beer_yum: like higher output motors need more octane.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
How is this even a question? It's a HIGH performance motor let alone with a SUPERCHARGER....I need more :beer_yum: like higher output motors need more octane.
I didn't want to say what you did, but....I mean really, you want to push a 375 HP engine another 100+ HP and run it on 87 octane gas to save $? Might as well get a prius and put an extra battery in it! I apologize if I sounded offensive.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I didn't want to say what you did, but....I mean really, you want to push a 375 HP engine another 100+ HP and run it on 87 octane gas to save $? Might as well get a prius and put an extra battery in it! I apologize if I sounded offensive.
love your answer, if you are worried about the price of premium gas, you can't afford a supercharger.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, actually, you can afford a supercharger if your worried about premium gas.. I'm kind of proof of that.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Going for max performance means max performance fuel. People might say, kinda, sorta, maybe..your car, you pick. My choice, 93 all the way

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Premium fuel = long lasting fuel system

I ran 93 in my RT. I run it in my SRT. I haven't added a blower yet. Why risk running cruddy gas? Use the good stuff. If you can afford a blower, you can afford premium. Otherwise get an SXT. I realize that different geographical regions sell different grades of gas. Here in the Norfolk area, it's 93 for premium (no 91 available). I'm quite sure 91 premium is good. Premium has additives that keep your injectors clean. Premium also contains less trace matter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts