Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having Arrington install a maggie on my 2010 r/t classic, auto trans. Its kind of a stupid question and at this point fuel milage isn't an issue but, is MSD still active with a supercharger install or is that deleted?

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I am having Arrington install a maggie on my 2010 r/t classic, auto trans. Its kind of a stupid question and at this point fuel milage isn't an issue but, is MSD still active with a supercharger install or is that deleted?
Can't tell you as I got a 6 Speed but I am sure if you talk to Alex or Chris at Arrington they could tell you

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I did the installation myself, and the program provided by Magnuson did allow for MDS to operate. However, there was a big catch. Luckily I also installed a boost gauge and what I observed was that the boost could kick in before all 8 cylinders started firing. This means that I saw as much as 12 pounds of boost hitting 4 cylinders. To prevent this I had the program changed to stop MDS activation.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow! good observation and great info. I appreciate it as I want my engine to last.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
My advice is to have it turned off. There's no place for that kinda stuff on a hot rod.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Nix the MDS... Not worth a few miles a gallon. You'll be surprised how good your mileage is after the mod unless you're really getting on it.

HemiSam

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks boys. Only another 56 days until the big day! speedy I checked out your site the other day... awsome is all I can say.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Thanks boys. Only another 56 days until the big day! speedy I checked out your site the other day... awsome is all I can say.
Thanks man. I try to put up info to help folks out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts