Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone could give an idea if a super charger from a mid 90s Buick 4.3 could fit a 2012 sxt ? I don't know the brand just yet but was hoping to get an idea if it's possible ahead of time .

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Hey I was wondering if anyone could give an idea if a super charger from a mid 90s Buick 4.3 could fit a 2012 sxt ? I don't know the brand just yet but was hoping to get an idea if it's possible ahead of time .
I was looking at the m90 back in in 2013 and how I would install it, I would have had to make a flat aluminum plate to bolt to the lower intake and then place the m90 on it and get the pulley lined up, theres not much room for the pulley, I would have had to take the thermostat housing off and try and make a new one to give me enough room for the belt or add a pulley to the crank and move the supercharger forward and run a stand alone belt.

once in place I would have had to build a tube to run from the back to the side to mount the throttle body. then there's getting the proper sensor located.

wouldn't have no intercooler so the boost would have been limited. Then there would have been trying to find someone to tune it, it would run but not under boost with stock tune, it would be to lean and mid range would suffer.

I'm sure I'm leaving out other details, but I gave it a thought and figured I wouldn't do it since I couldn't do the timing or the fuel.

I built a a 6-71 supercharger from scratch off a diesel engine, I installed on on my bbc 454 and been running great for over 5 years now and makes ton of power old school carbs and ignition I could tune myself with no help from anyone.

This newer stuff I just don't have the equipment to do for myself and have to get others to tune it which is a hassle, I know what I need to make it run great but the equipment for this newer electronic stuff is beyond my ability's.

I waited til sprintex released their kit and installed one on my 2013 sxt. worked well but even pushing 15 lbs of boost it doesn't have the power like my SRT 392 has I just bought few weeks ago.

putting on a supercharger like the m90 could be done with time, but the end result would be less than stellar and it would probably run in the mid 13's maybe low 13's. with no other changes to the car.

you could get your 2013 in the low 13's naturally aspirated with some 4.30 gears, 4k stall, shift points at 7k rpm, large exhaust, some suspension tuning, ported intake, ported throttle body and a custom tune. I got mine to 13.9 @ over 100 mph with a stock converter and 3.64 gears, I really need a 4k stall and more gear that would have gotten me near the 13.5 or so or better and then some good air ( DA) would have gotten me some good passes in the lower 13's.

Instead of doing that little extra work and knowing the end result I bought the sprintex supercharger and went from 13.9 to 12.8 in crappy air, in better weather I did some 12.5 runs but didn't have "proof" via a time slip, I just couldn't get to the track on good DA days to get that on a time slip.

The car was near the end of what I could do, all I could do was add more gear and a stall for some better mid 12's in typical DA like I have been running in and maybe some hero passes in the lower 12's at best in good air.

So I sold the car and bought me a used 2015 SRT 392 that runs mid 12's stock( according to what i have seen)- pretty much where my v6 left off and now I'm tinkering on the srt to see if I can get it to the mid 11's someday if not quicker. Something the little v6 wouldn't be able to do.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anything can be made to work.
The questions become, will it work well, will it fit, and at what price?

Doing a junkyard M90 install is probably not worth the time, money, and custom fabrication it’s going to take, in addition to trying to find a hood that will close on it.

By the time the money is spent, you could probably have a new kit built to fit the car stuffed under the stock hood as a known good, manufacturer supported device with a canned tune for it.

I’m all for wazoo projects, but it’s a hell of a technical challenge and a money gamble to do what you’re asking about, and I’m not sure you’ll get the desired improvement in performance without blowing up the motor.

Cheers,

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts