Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok hello Im a new guy here looking on getting a SMS supercharger. Couple of questions. I have 2010 SRT8 I do drive this care often so hows reliability course. Also love the supercharge sound but how much extra noise when driving around town do they make. Last car was a SRT8 magnum exhaust was horrible very noisy at certain RPM. I take it once bolted on there goes my warranty. Any thought u guys have would be great.

·
Registered
165 Posts
True. But we're in Chino and we're a magnuson dealer and also there is ST Motor Sports in San Bernardino for KenneBell units.

Don't get me wrong, the SMS unit has some great features. The intercooler set up kicks everyone elses butt by a long shot. The unit is well thought out and has a very clean look to it. Also those guys are friends of mine and we do on occassion work together on little issues. But I will openly say thier inhouse calibration work is not as good as some other offereings and unless something recently changed, they do not have their CARB certification yet.

Only Magnuson and Vortec have that at this time. And being in this wonderful tree hugger state, that is very important.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Perfect, we're right around the corner. Please give me a call on Monday and you can pick at will, but don't expect much. :scratchhead:

Heck if anything, our 871 project is at Chino right now, ya gotta see that thing. :thumbsup:

5,134 Posts
By third post, how on earth dud you deduce he was in California? Impressive.

+1 for anything but SMS. Not many people seem to be running them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
By third post, how on earth dud you deduce he was in California? Impressive.

+1 for anything but SMS. Not many people seem to be running them.
Why wrong with them it seems like a good set up and there getting there Calif cert this month. since I drive my car everyday I liked they run a lower boost but u still get the power. Also I liked the inter cooler design and Im getting for the about the same price as the others. Also they say it doesnt void my warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i suggest you go and meet Cam, i live in Phily and i can tell you all the way from here that Cam knows his stuff and will not BS you.
Tell him to send me one of them independent belt drives for testing on the KB :browsmiley::browsmiley:

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
The only con is that having a smaller user base, how is the availability of pulleys, parts, etc, how committed is SMS to them?

As a Techco owner, I am very familiar with being in this situation, and no one knows it better than Cam!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Why wrong with them it seems like a good set up and there getting there Calif cert this month. since I drive my car everyday I liked they run a lower boost but u still get the power. Also I liked the inter cooler design and Im getting for the about the same price as the others. Also they say it doesnt void my warranty.

Good luck on that one.
I am sure they will still cover anything but your power-train.

FYI
Techco and SMS are two of the louder S/C.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup I'm gone to ask if it's through them or dodge and either way I want to see it in writing. I'm not holding my breath.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I suggest you do a bit more research. The customer service after the sale from SMS is absolutely AWFUL. Several have posted on this and you don't want to pay, need support and get no respect. Customer service is critical. Go see Cam.

HemiSam

·
Banned
928 Posts
I suggest you do a bit more research. The customer service after the sale from SMS is absolutely AWFUL. Several have posted on this and you don't want to pay, need support and get no respect. Customer service is critical. Go see Cam.

HemiSam
agree with that statement. SMS is lacking in the customer service department. And understand going in that when you put a blower on the car its going to void the warranty, simple as that

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok I talk Cam today wow thanks really helped me out looks like Mag here I come although KB close 2nd.
And don't forget we now have new powertrain warranties that can cover you from 3yrs/36k miles all the way up to 5yrs/100k miles. These warranties will cover up to $5000 for the engine, $1500 for the transmission, and $1500 for the rear end.

·
Registered
257 Posts
KB just sayin.....Give us a call at SpankinTime Motorsports 909-388-2536, Ill get you set up right the first time with the BEST SuperCharger in the industry HANDS DOWN. May have even talked to you already, you never know. Have a great day. Adam

1 - 20 of 329 Posts