Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a Supercharger but i dont know which one to buy for my 2010 5.7 classic..
any suggestions?
work that has allready been done to the car include
CAI
85mm throttle body
Long Tube Headers
high flow cats
corsa extreme exhaust
diabolo tune
180 t-stat

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Lots of great options, what are your goals for the car short and long term? Daily driver, weekend cruiser, drag racer, road racer? Is a drivetrain warranty important to you? What is your budget?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car is just a rare wekend cruiser but will also be the ocasional road racer...
i plan on keeping the car for ever
i have no budget, i just want something that is reliable and that wont give me problems with very low maintenance

·
Registered
105 Posts
Being a 5.7 car on a stock block. Vortec or Magna. If looks make a difference Magna. Not sure when EB is coming out

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I'd go for either the Magnacharger or the Vortech.

The Magnacharger will be more fun on the street, but the Vortech will be easier to manage on the road course track. Either one in stock config will not hurt the car and will give you about 120RWHP.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
If you are looking to build down the trail get a Vortech or Procharger. The Magnuson looks good for cars shows but lacks in performance due to its size 2.3 liter. I sure Flat Top or Plum Krazy can help you, Both of these guys did a home Vortech install and both run strong for stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Speedy and Buckwheat - I've read numerous threads with remarks from each of you. Obviously you guys have a lot of knowledge and worthwhile info. to share. My concern is that neither of you have stated anything about going with a Kenne Bell supercharger. I have a stock 2011 RT 5.7 and was planning on building it slightly (tune, exhaust, cam). Upon a recent visit to Mr. Norms, however, my plans have changed. I was encouraged to go the Kenne Bell route and use the 2.8 supercharger along with an exhaust upgrade (including headers). We are playing it safe and plan on keeping the boost below 6 psi. The people at Mr. Norms in Illinois were very courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. I'm curious as to your thoughts about using a Kenne Bell (for street use only) with a boost below 6psi on my stock engine and drivetrain. Can I look for years of enjoyment or am I looking for trouble?!!! Do I need to definitely forge the pistons, etc. or can I get away with using my stock 5.7 as I've been told by various sources?

Any input from Challenger owners would be greatly appreciated...especially those of you who've already used superchargers. I'm just looking for a bit more power from an already lethal looking machine. Challengers definitely have the looks that kill! THANKS

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Speedy and Buckwheat - I've read numerous threads with remarks from each of you. Obviously you guys have a lot of knowledge and worthwhile info. to share. My concern is that neither of you have stated anything about going with a Kenne Bell supercharger. I have a stock 2011 RT 5.7 and was planning on building it slightly (tune, exhaust, cam). Upon a recent visit to Mr. Norms, however, my plans have changed. I was encouraged to go the Kenne Bell route and use the 2.8 supercharger along with an exhaust upgrade (including headers). We are playing it safe and plan on keeping the boost below 6 psi. The people at Mr. Norms in Illinois were very courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. I'm curious as to your thoughts about using a Kenne Bell (for street use only) with a boost below 6psi on my stock engine and drivetrain. Can I look for years of enjoyment or am I looking for trouble?!!! Do I need to definitely forge the pistons, etc. or can I get away with using my stock 5.7 as I've been told by various sources?

Any input from Challenger owners would be greatly appreciated...especially those of you who've already used superchargers. I'm just looking for a bit more power from an already lethal looking machine. Challengers definitely have the looks that kill! THANKS
You'll be fine with that setup. Tim over there who tunes their cars knows his stuff. My only concern would be return on investment at staying below 6psi. You'll only gain about 100RWHP or so, so take that in to account. It is the safest route though if that's your objective.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Shark and Speedy - Thanks for the quick replies. Will have to wait for a supercharger once the codes are figured out. Gives me more time to save $$$ and read all the threads. Getting a little impatient though!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have had my KB now for 19K miles and almost 2 years with no issues. On my SRT Charger at 8LB

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
i'm waiting on a KB as well...have been for a year and a half now for my '09. May just go to the SRT or move to the Camaro/LS3 platform. The 5.7 doesn't have enough market pull apparently for vendors to build around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't understand. With all of the other people posting on Challenger Talk, many having 5.7's and supercharged, why can't you find a vendor willing to supercharge your 09? Mr Norms, etc.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i'm waiting on a KB as well...have been for a year and a half now for my '09. May just go to the SRT or move to the Camaro/LS3 platform. The 5.7 doesn't have enough market pull apparently for vendors to build around.
You won't find a kit for it but there are tuners out there doing it. Like Mr. Norman. I am sure there are many others as long as you have the 6SPD like you do:guiness:. Have you talked to local shops

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have a 10 and my vortech is great with 20K miles on it and my numbers through a stoke motor speak for themself. i did all the work aside from tunning in my own shop

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I would love to do that but have had bad luck with 2 superchargers. The third one was a Vortec w/Intercooler and upgraded fuel pumps, rails, injectors, etc., and it was Awesome.

I plan on keeping my warranty so I'll have to hope I live long enough to get a supercharger for the Mopar 10.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts