Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does the 2018 RT come standard with Sure grip?
Or do I need to upgrade to RT plus and above?

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Hi all, does the 2018 RT come standard with Sure grip?
Or do I need to upgrade to RT plus and above?
for 5.7 equipped models
If A8 tranny = NO [3.09 open diff]

If M6 tranny = YES [3.90 limited slip]

Any trim level with 6.4 / 6.2 engines get Sure Grip / limited slip as standard with either tranny.
Hellcats get slightly different final drive ratios but have limited slip diff as standard.

Note: all SXT, GT trim levels have open diffs

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
279 Posts
Thank you! Seals the deal on selecting manual
The automatics are way faster. I had a 2015 scat pack and would get smoked by any 392 auto. Make sure you take that into consideration. And I'm a pretty experienced manual driver.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I agree that the limited slip is essential for performance. But if that's your priority and you also want an automatic, it might be worth it to get the Scat Pack 392. Then you get the LSD as standard with either trans, along with other goodies.

Another option would be to add the LSD to a 5.7L automatic model afterwards. It can be done fairly easily. I don't understand why they wouldn't just offer it as a factory option to begin with. They used to.

Btw, the manual is pretty awesome too. I love mine.

·
Registered
2016 R/T
176 Posts
Granted I've never gotten to test drive a model with the limited-slip differential, but I say that the open differential on my R/T auto hasn't given me any trouble. Easily leaves two black streaks during a burnout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts