Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some research on used cars at Edmund ..... approx. $1500 between sp vs sps on 2016 years...I thought a $4800 option would be much more on used prices.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What Dodge says it's worth and what the rest of the world says it's worth are quite different, huh?

On the RTs, I can see the price difference. There it gets one some suspension and brake goodies along with the shaker hood and intake. But for the SPs, it is really just the shaker hood and intake difference, right? I don't think the shaker gets anything extra on the SP versions. Why is the upgrade cost the same for RTs and SPs??

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you really want to get to the crux of the reason why its worth so little check out the invoice price on a SP vs a SPS... Its exactly the same. Don't believe me? Go check it out. Still it looks awesome though.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
heck, there's a loaded new leftover '16 on a lot here with MSRP of $50,000+ and they're selling it for $41,000.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
heck, there's a loaded new leftover '16 on a lot here with MSRP of $50,000+ and they're selling it for $41,000.

When they started offering rebates and zero interest last summer the values on all of the Challengers dropped significantly...Those who paid full price or close to full price will suffer for a year or so extra now...as far as value goes... Deals like you listed above doesn't help either....

As an example...my stripper red 15 challenger I paid 38 k and it listed for 39.9....my 16 shaker listed for 46.8 and I paid 41.5 otd and zero for 60...and I got 35 for my 15...Now the trade in on my 16 is less that I got for my stripper that was almost a full year older when I traded it and there was almost 7k difference in MSRP. Big drops in resale....but then again it makes them all cheaper all they up to the Hellcat...so is all relative to when you buy and how long you keep it...

·
Super Moderator
15,420 Posts
What Dodge says it's worth and what the rest of the world says it's worth are quite different, huh?

On the RTs, I can see the price difference. There it gets one some suspension and brake goodies along with the shaker hood and intake. But for the SPs, it is really just the shaker hood and intake difference, right? I don't think the shaker gets anything extra on the SP versions. Why is the upgrade cost the same for RTs and SPs??
SP Shaker vs. Scat Pack

>leather int., heated/vented seats - std on SPS
>blackout grille, fuel door - std SPS
>power tilt / telescope wheel - std SPS

to get the above items (to equip to similar levels) you'd have to add Leather Int. Grp [leather, heat/vent seats, heated steering wheel, power steering wheel, and some of the Shaker appointments are in the SP Appearance Group [black grille inserts, black fuel door].

Then the comparison between the two are more similar.
-the item the SPAG gains over the std. SP Shaker is the package adds HIDs. On the Shaker you'd have to either order the Driver Conv. Grp or SPAG options to add that feature.

Shaker components themselves are ~ $2.8k, plus the other items that are optional in extra-cost packages for the R/T Scat Pack

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am curious if Dodge over estimated sales numbers for 2016. It seems as though the inventory was heavy, and that drove the rebates, etc, which as Hawk pointed out are killers for resale. Hopefully they dial back on production if this is the case.

I was just given a trade figure on my 16 SPS of 33K. The car is perfect, and only has 700 miles on it. Needless to say, I walked away from the deal.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I am curious if Dodge over estimated sales numbers for 2016. It seems as though the inventory was heavy, and that drove the rebates, etc, which as Hawk pointed out are killers for resale. Hopefully they dial back on production if this is the case.

I was just given a trade figure on my 16 SPS of 33K. The car is perfect, and only has 700 miles on it. Needless to say, I walked away from the deal.
Yeah, they offered me 32K for my loaded Scat Pack with 7500 miles on it. Even at 41K, the loss isn't worth it just for the scoop. Plus, my car has some better options.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lieu910 that is a ridiculous offer.....MuscleCarProf that is not bad if you wanted all those options......the point is was trying to make in my original post was that the shaker option at approx. $5k was only worth $1500 dollars in one year, a 70 percent loss in 1 year, now that is depreciation!! I'm losing 10 percent on my 16 sp, but had to have the Gomango sps. Hopefully this will be the last trade for a long, long time.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
lieu910 that is a ridiculous offer.....MuscleCarProf that is not bad if you wanted all those options......the point is was trying to make in my original post was that the shaker option at approx. $5k was only worth $1500 dollars in one year, a 70 percent loss in 1 year, now that is depreciation!! I'm losing 10 percent on my 16 sp, but had to have the Gomango sps. Hopefully this will be the last trade for a long, long time.
Actually, my current Scat Pack has more options than that new Shaker. I would have given up my optional wheels, driver convince group, and TorqueFlite. The white car did have the HK sound system so that would have been the only upgrade over my Sound Group II Alpine system. I'd really miss the blindspot and cross path monitoring. My adaptive cruise is nice too...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts