Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a RER nav system and sound group II with the 7/8 speaker system. Is there a way to add surround sound to my choices in my EVIC and also mak it have surround sound?
Thanks for any help.
Rick

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
I can't answer your question but our Jeep has the surround sound option and in my opinion, you only want that option on if watching a DVD. It sounds like crap for music.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I can't answer your question but our Jeep has the surround sound option and in my opinion, you only want that option on if watching a DVD. It sounds like crap for music.
Yeah...it really does sound awful, I can't even imagine it being good on a DVD...most surround systems forcing 2.1 channel music into 5.1+ still sound decent, but the second you put the EVIC to surround it sounds horrific

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The only time i've ever listened to surround in the car is with a DVD, and have to say that with the SGII, I was very impressed with the quality of the sound in surround sound mode. I used the AVATAR dvd to show it off to my dad and brother, and both were awed by the sound coming out of the unit.

I've never tried to listen to surround sound via the stereo, 4 or 5 channel sound seems good enough for me for music. Subwoofer works fine. I think you may have to mess with the EQ settings to make a difference. I haven't done much tinkering with the sound settings on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts