Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RULES: Lets keep it simple please
1) Year of challenger, model & color.
(My hypothesis is that certain colors will attract "the man" more)
2) Is car a daily driver or not & miles on the car.
(My hypothesis is that the more you drive this car, the more concerned you get about being pulled over)
3) States in which you were given the tickets.
(My hypothesis is that certain states give out more tickets)
4) # of tickets you have gotten since you bought your challenger & offence.
(My hypothesis is that my baby is a cop magnet)
5) Has getting these tickets affected your driving style.
(My hypothesis is that it hasn't)
6) Comments

Here we go:
1) 2010 pum crazy SRT :smokin:
2) Not a daily driver, 2,500 miles
3) NJ
4) 1 for speeding while following a police car :liar:
5) I drive it like it's stolen :browsmiley:
6) Wish cops would stop giving out BS tickets :icon_evil:

·
Registered
11 Posts
2010 SRT8 plum crazy
semi-daily driver weather permitting
5000 miles
cops follow me a lot.
entered a car show and got a plaque for MOST LIKELY TO GET A TICKET"
live in northern CA

·
Registered
834 Posts
1 - 2010 SRT8 Hemi Orange
2 - Daily Driver
3 - 4k miles in 5 months
4 - CA none
5 - Nope
6 - I pretty much know where I can hammer it and where I shouldn't.
Of course now I'll probably get a ticket.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
1) 2010 RT Dark Titanium
2) Daily driver: 17k
3) No tickets with Challenger: Other cars I've got in Cali, Oklahoma, and Kansas.
4) No tickets, pulled over three times with a polite slow down and long chats
5) Yes and no ... I slow down for a few days or until someone pisses me off
6) I love the local PD. They are a bunch of great guys (mostly) and the chief likes our cars too (as he's one that's pulled me for taking off tooooooo fast).

·
Registered
126 Posts
1)2009 srt8
2)Daily driver if its dry and summer, 11,000k
3)One ticket, Alberta (ticket withdrawn after contested)
4)Pulled over 4 times and harassed...3 times in first week when my car first came into town.
5)Yes Paranoid now
6) I am not big on speeding, but go fast to get to the limits. Most of the cops are good gearheads around where I live they uphold the traffic laws in a professional respectful manner. One was a power hungry degenerate, ****** however with self-esteem and male compensation issues. Due to him I carry a video recording device in the car. Too bad, because he is in my experience an exception to the norm

·
Registered
568 Posts
1) 2010 SRT PCP
2) Not a daily driver, I use it as a GT for travelling. 9500 miles.
3) TX
4) One for 72 mph in a 70 zone.
5) No change in style. I only go a few mph over the limit unless the road is deserted. (If that TX cop had seen me the day before, I might have gotten a ticket for near the top speed of the car.)
6) Unmarkeds often come roaring out of the woods to pace me--not beacuse I'm speeding but because I look like I should be.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
1) 2010 Torred SRT8 Challenger 5-speed
2) Daily Driver, 37500 miles
3) TX
4) 1 ticket, 75 in a 70.
5) I keep aware of the road situation and am a considerate driver. My driving style has been the same; maintain flow with the traffic and avoid hazardous situations. Cops don't scare me, IEDs do.
6) Moved to the passing lane to avoid the cop that was parked on the shoulder of a blind curve.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
2009 HO SRT

Summer cruiser

Ontario, Canada

1st. May 2009. 120kph on 401. Was clocked by a motorcycle for about 10 km at 145 kph. He liked the car and I liked his Harley. I think he would of let me go except a patrol car was there also.
2nd. June 2009. 149kph on 401. On way to car show with 2 other Challengers. Unmarked Impala with blacked out windows. Also gave me ticket for no front plate. A$$hat.

Pick my spots. Got letter from MTO saying next time I'm in trouble but 2 years is up this July.

You gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
864 Posts
1. 2010 PCP RT classic 6-speed
2. Daily driver 4000mi
3. Ga
4. No tickets
5. Theres almost nothing i dont notice on the road so if a cop catches me he deserves to give me a ticket.
6. Most of the time the cops are the worst speeders anyway

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,121 Posts
1. 2009 DWB R/T
2. Daily Driver 18000miles
3. MI
4. Caught passing slow moving truck=10over
Tint violation...tinted windows on every 3rd car=definitely picking on the hot looking car.
5. Have'nt changed a bit, just tired of cops sucking money from me. :disgust:

·
Banned
557 Posts
1. 2010 black RT 6-speed
2. Daily driver 1,500 miles
3. OK
4. No tickets (in this car, yet)
5. The speed limit is a suggestion, right?
6. I don't like slow drivers. I don't like to follow people. And I can't stand minivan drivers; they have proven to be the least attentive, swerving in my lane, driving 10-20mph BELOW the speed limit, head up their ass idiots I've encountered. [/end vent]

·
Registered
54 Posts
1) 2010 SE Black
2) Daily Driver, 6K
3) Houston, TX
4) 1 ticket, stopped three times
5) First ticket slowed me down, then got back to usual lead foot haha
6) Funny but not so funny part on my first ticket, cop noticed my euro plate on front of my car, read it out loud "Chlnge Me huh" then proceeded to give me speeding ticket.. He challenged me alright :-/

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
1) 2009 DWB R/T
2) Daily driver (when I'm not using the MC), 22,500 miles
3) PA
4) No tickets
5) I drive conservatively most times
6) Save it for the track

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
1) Year of challenger, model & color.
2010, RT, PlumCrazy
2) Is car a daily driver or not & miles on the car.
Yes, 8500mi
3) States in which you were given the tickets.
AR
4) # of tickets you have gotten since you bought your challenger & offence.
only 1. 49 in a 30mph
5) Has getting these tickets affected your driving style.
Hell ya. I bought a radar detector cause I cant tell when Im speeding
6) Comments
I feel i would be in a much worse position if I still lived in LA

·
Registered
86 Posts
I haven't been pulled over in my Challenger, but I have given one person a ticket in a Challenger. So I'll list that info:

1. 2010 Challenger V6 Gray with custom exhaust.
2. He said he was going to work, so I guess daily driver.
3. So Cal
4. He was over 90 in a 65 during commute hours. In and out of traffic. He had 2 other recent speeding tickets on his record.
5. From his attitude and history, I doubt he will change his driving style.
6. He pretty much said I ruined his life because his license was going to be suspended. I explained to him that I didn't force him to speed. It was his own deciscion.

I can say that I have only given one ticket to a Challenger and one to a new Camaro. I don't pay much attention to what kind of car you drive. Just looking for the fastest car. I get a lot of people accusing me of profiling their sports cars and luxury cars. Don't care much if your rich, poor or have a nice car. I don't get amped by what kind of car you have. Just looking for the fastest car. Nothing personal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My take

Yes, I would consider my Challenger a cop magnet. I am an officer as well, and when I saw the car I had to take it home :thumbsup: I have not gotten any tickets in my Challenger nor have I been stopped in it. I am not sure I subscribe to the theory that the model/color of your car gets you tickets. Like the previous poster I feel it has everything to do with your driving habits/style. I do not work alot of traffic anymore but it always seemed to me that most of the people in the nice cars were the best behaved as far as driving habits. I cant speak for everyone but put me down for its how you drive, not what you drive.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
1) 2010 - Mopar'10 - Black, Silver Stripe.
2) Not daily driver 1100miles - only one day out of Garage in 2011, this past Sat. (multiple tails that day)
3) PA - None
4) No tickets in this car...yet
5) Nope...
6) took the car out for the 1st time on Sat, and drove to my old home town.
1) Sat Trip begins
A) State Cop pulled out and followed me for about 5 miles in Lancaster, rt30 onto rt 222, before making U-turn.
2 )Arrive in my old home town...
1st, Cop(Charger) I see (sitting in McDonalds) pulls out and follows me for 10min (I purposely made turns into a big circle) he finally pulls off
2nd, Cop I see (Diff Charger) rolls down his window for a better look while I'm sitting at the stop light he is monitoring.
3rd, Cop(SUV) 4hrs later... follows me back out of town... continues 2miles out of the township before he turns around.
Made me feel 20 again...
(back when I was on 1st name basis with all of them)

Now if I were to list any of my old cars and what happened when I drove them... it would read pretty much like the above... "Daily".
It's interesting to see not much has changed. Except
I guess now when they run the plate... Instead of seeing 20-30yr old smartass
they see "Owner is dam near 50, & likely to have a Lawyer.
hassle with caution"

It would be really interesting to have access to see how many times my plate gets run this summer

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
It was for my salesman who drove it 600 miles to bring it to me. He got two tickets. The first cop said be careful this is a "GIANT RADAR MAGNET"

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
It was for my salesman who drove it 600 miles to bring it to me. He got two tickets. The first cop said be careful this is a "GIANT RADAR MAGNET"
Apparently he didn't listen

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
1) 2009 TorRed R/T 6-Speed :smokin:
2) Not a daily driver, 9,000 miles
3) SC
4) 1 for Gross display of power/ reduced from reckless driving. 6 warning tickets...mostly because the cops wanted to see under the hood.
5) I drive sane MOST of the time, but have fun when I decide to.
6) Wish cops would stop pulling me over to look at the car!!!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts