Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help again please, I did post this sort of thread before, fitted forged pistons and rods in all standard drop in from Arrington
took all apart all in order as you need to put back in the same locations push rods etc.
its done 9500 miles I did not change the lifters as they were working very well before , all put back and turned engine over to oil pressure up, got that horrible tick!!
I used new Penzoil 0/40w oil, new filter, just to use the oil up as Its been in the garage it still ticks from cold and when its gets to running temp, still there, Just hope I do not need to change lifters seems stupid at only 9500 miles
so after a few miles about 10 , I changed the oil again to Mobil 1 added that Marvel oil not much different!!
going to take off the rocker covers and check the rocker arm and push rods if they seem ok, don`t now what to do from here!!
any idea`s ??
has anyone done this mod? which you guys have I`m sure had that nasty tick
I must say never had it, prior to the rebuild

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks GreeninTN
we will make a youtube video it will be done next week will post you a reply when its done
best regards

·
Registered
491 Posts
It might help.

Videos usually amplify the noise and some one with the same sound can help you out.

Im still thinking its pistion slap from forged pistions.

It was not that many years ago if you said you bought pistons and just "dropped them in" people would think you are crazy with out gettting the block bored to the exact piston size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts