Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice about a suspension mod. I'm looking to get a little bit lower and a little tighter. Does the SRT8 already have good enough suspension? Or will Eibach or other improve it? Thanks in advance for the help! Also, if anyone knows a performance shop in Northern NJ I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
2012 SRT8 Suspension and Tires combo

As a follow up to the first question, I would like the same info if anyone has upgraded the 2012 SRT8 suspension and what would be the largest tire you can put in the stock rims? I love my car but think it sits a litte high and would like bigger meats. I am mostly street driving and maybe on a track at some point in the future but truely a newbie on this forum and getting to know the protocal. Thanks for your advice and help.

·
Vendor
12,268 Posts
because the vehicle has adaptive suspension, there isnt a lot you can do, you have electronics going to the shocks and struts, best we would recommend is the stage one springs from mopar, will lower the car approx 24mm in the front and 14mm in the rear, will not affect or have any negative issues with the adaptive suspension
Luke

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Thrust Performance

<nsv contact info removed>

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
It would seem that the pricing on the front and rear braces and sway bars would be close to the same price as the KW you sent a link to. thats without the lower springs? Did I understand that correctly? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
It would seem that the pricing on the front and rear braces and sway bars would be close to the same price as the KW you sent a link to. thats without the lower springs? Did I understand that correctly? Thanks!

yes it is about to be the same i would think, $400 approx. for rear and front brace and another 300 to 400 for rear and front upgraded sway bar; i also know that the rear sway is a pain to install so the rear cradle has to come off or take some of the suspensions/tension arms off

yes it is w/o lowering springs
there is no lowering springs in what i am speaking of; just the KW with coil overs lowering the car;

MONTEFIASCO has the KW installed and can tell u more than i do as he has them installed currently

finally this a good question, would the KW still work if the car was initially lowered by MOPAR lowering springs; would the KW still be ok to install? would it make sense to have both?

not a suspension expert so this one is for a :phone:

·
Registered
10 Posts
u can use KW; works great with adaptive as i hear

front + rear tower brace + rear and front upgraded anti sway bars, and should be lower and tighter and of course lighter on the wallet

KW Height Adjustable Spring System 12-13 Challenger, Charger SRT8
Hi MONTEFIASCO(if your out there)

If you were to recommend a suspension set up to lower and overall improve a 2012 SRT8 would you still go with the KZ set up? Or braces with new sway bars, springs etc.? Also want to make sure it works with the adaptive suspension as well? Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
398 Posts
yes it is about to be the same i would think, $400 approx. for rear and front brace and another 300 to 400 for rear and front upgraded sway bar; i also know that the rear sway is a pain to install so the rear cradle has to come off or take some of the suspensions/tension arms off

yes it is w/o lowering springs
there is no lowering springs in what i am speaking of; just the KW with coil overs lowering the car;

MONTEFIASCO has the KW installed and can tell u more than i do as he has them installed currently

finally this a good question, would the KW still work if the car was initially lowered by MOPAR lowering springs; would the KW still be ok to install? would it make sense to have both?

not a suspension expert so this one is for a :phone:
If you have Mopar springs then you have to take them out to put in the KW's.

The KW system is great and works exactly the way it was intended with the stock 2 way electronic suspension that the SRT's are equipped with. The install is slightly more involved and part of the KW adjustable height sleeve has to be installed onto the stock SRT shocks. You definitely need a good mechanic. I did the install myself and had to re-do a step because of a bump stop that if forgot to replace. The front height of the car can easily be adjusted by removing the wheels and using a large c-wrench. The back height has to be set at the time of the install because the adjustment ring is not accessible once installed. If you can find a spring height that you like such as Mopar or Eibach or H&R that would save a lot of money and have an easier install.

·
Vendor
12,268 Posts
Stevewhite
What about the KZ spring kit does it work with the adaptive suspenstion?
have not installed, however in theory should be similar to the stage ones
Luke

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Reading last night on the suspension mods, Pedders bushing installed all around with upgraded suspension made a Challenger at Petty's Garage pulling 1.33g forces on VIR

my key question here is why not toss out the adaptive suspension all together on 2012/2013 models and install in aggressive springs and shocks for greater lowering and stiffness requiring then manual adjustment with a C Wrench;

True the sport mode button is convenient but are the stock electronic Bilstein that great in comparison to BC or other renown brands coil overs?

will the ECM freak out if it does not find the adaptive suspension? imagine it can be by passed with a dummy connection, right?

Are the Adaptive Bilstein great on road course, compared to Eibach, BC, KW coilovers?

Anyone can feed back on these questions?

Thank you

ODP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts