Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help guys/gals...
I ordered the 2014 anniversary RT plus. Yay for me! I am very excited.
The standard features list performance steering and performance suspension.
I ordered it so soon I did not see that a track pak option was available.
Does anyone know what the difference is between performance suspension and "track tuned"?
Also what about the variable displacement pump on the steering. Will I be able to tell the difference.
I have talked to the dealer and the "contact us" for Dodge and cannot get a straight answer.
Thanks all...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
well, I don't know really. I went to the site and it won't let me build an Aniversary R/T Plus.
the Blacktop R/T Plus is all it would allow me to build. on the 100th Aniversary R/T there is the option to add the Super Track Pack on the "build your own" site.

what exactly did you order? sems like your dealer should be able to suss this out and get you what you want.

I test drove 2012 STP and non-STP cars, I had to get the STP, now after I got my 2013 the car was much stiffer
than the 2012's I test drove but handled better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the RT plus 100th anniversary.
I ordered it as soon as I was able and it was not on the website yet. Once it was shown on the website I saw that the trak pack was an option. Since my dealer did not tell me that I did not order it.
The specs say it comes with performance steering and suspension so I cannot seem to find out how much of a difference the trak pack is. My dealer tells me since I have performance steering and suspension standard the only difference is the larger brake pads. I am not convinced. $595 for larger brake pads? I am sure it will be fine but I would like to know what I am getting of add the trak pack while I still have time.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
no, different shocks.... lowered springs, I can't verify but larger sway bars.. the cars drive totally different
with and without STP. make him make the change. if the order hasn't went D1 status, it should be easy.

if not, find another dealer that can.

like I said before, on the Dodge site I can't seem to build an Aniversary model in the Plus configuration, I wonder if that is something else the dealer can't really do.. could be just the site, or me...or it might not be a Plus when it comes in.. I'd make him verify that too since he's light on the facts.

·
Super Moderator
16,204 Posts
The main advantage is the variable displacement pump will not cavitate during high-G cornering or high rpms - its standard equipment on 6-speed equipped cars and added to 'auto equipped when STP option is added.

It adds an additional degree of performance under those more demanding situations.

·
Registered
15,033 Posts
On the Build and Price, they call it an Anniversary R/T. In the link below, it says R/T Plus Anniversary.

2014 Dodge Challenger - 100th Anniversary Edition Muscle Car

Guess they are really the same equipment except I am confused about the radio options.

Mariah2000, did you order the 430 or the 730N radio?
On the build and price, they don't show any radio options for the Anniversary.

Does anyone know what the difference is between performance suspension and "track tuned"?
Performance Suspension is the standard base R/T suspension. The Track Tuned is the Super Track Pak so guess your car will not have Super Track Pak since it was not ordered. The standard suspension is pretty good imho, the STP steering ratio is quick and the car moves around with the slightest turn of the wheel. This is great on track I guess but for normal street use, I liked the base suspension better especially with the bumpy roads around here. I wouldn't sweat it too much, unless you really push your car, I think you will be happy with the suspension (it is an R/T after all :D).
:cheers:

Attachments

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the 430 I did not want the GPS since it was so much more and you still have to pay for upgrades on the maps. Besides we aill have that on our phones now and it does have blue tooth so either way it will come through the stereo.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Mariah: get the STP option, you will be happier with it! Plus all the cool kids are doing it........and you want the ESC control!
From their website:

Super Track Pak

Drive the Challenger how it was meant to be driven with handling that takes you to the edge. The Super Track Pak, available on Challenger R/T, comes with performance-tuned steering, a stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, Goodyear Eagle® Supercar® tires and three-mode Electronic Stability Control (ESC)+ that can be completely deactivated for the ultimate track experience.

http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/performance/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sent an e-mail to my dealer tonight to get it added. He already placed the order but from what he told me they will not be building the anniversary editions until Feb. so I would hope he can get the order changed, I will not be happy if he tells me otherwise.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I sent an e-mail to my dealer tonight to get it added. He already placed the order but from what he told me they will not be building the anniversary editions until Feb. so I would hope he can get the order changed, I will not be happy if he tells me otherwise.

he can get it changed all the way up to D1 staus change. my dealer changed my wheels just a few hours before
mine went D1 and everything came out just right. make sure you get the confirmation email copied to you that the rep sends him confirming the change.. what my guy did.

good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts