Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2014 RT recently.
Has 275 up front and 315s in the back on 20 inch wheels. Dont know the offset of the wheels. I am not loving the wheel gap but I am worried about being able to lower it. I know the suspension could use some stiffness because if i am at high speeds and hit an intense bump I can hear the top of the rear tire make contact with the fender well. And it seems like fitting the 315s under the fender would be impossible without insane camber. Im just at a loss. I dont know if I should fix it with just a widebody or just suspension or a combination of both. Has anyone ever done a challenger wide body just in the rear? I have seen them sold as just a more aggressive rear over fender. What route could I go suspension wise to ensure stiffness and fitment?
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Window Car

Wheel Cloud Tire Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Vendor
13,797 Posts
the wheel offset is wrong, you can easily fit 305's in the rear with the correct wheel, 315's with the fender edge roll slightly, but the wheel offset is critical

we ran 315's on the rear of Red before we widebody the rear

now on 335's

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
Special order. 6 speed manual
2,457 Posts
I would buy wheels that fit the car. Put one of the fronts on the back to see how they fit, could get away with just 2 tires and wheels.

toss in a set of springs if you really want to close that gap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts