Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm a forum virgin so go easy.:grin2:

i have a 2014 Challenger Shaker w/o Super Track Pack. I'm trying to figure out if i want to upgrade my car to the Super Track Pack Suspension package or go the Eibach Sport-Plus Kit for my ride.

I'm not trying to do Track racing or Strip. Just trying to upgrade from stock and lower a little bit. I don't want a stiff or race feeling ride either, if that makes sense.

Does anyone run these setups or have anyone gone from STP to an Eibach? What is the difference in ride.

Any help is appreciated.

Here are the kits i'm referring to:

https://www.mopar.com/dodge/en-us/store/accessories/product/P5155435AD/Suspension.html?year=2014&bodyStyle=LC22&make=Dodge&trim=P#product-details

Eibach Sport-Plus Kit 2008-2014 3.5L, 3.6L, 5.7L, 6.1L, 392/6.4L Challenger 2012-2014 392/64.L Charger 2011-2014 5.7L 300

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
I can't answer from experience, but I'll add some info. The Mopar kit is basically dampers and springs up to 0.5" drop. The Eibach kit you listed is springs and sway bars, no dampers and will drop your car up to 2". That is quite a difference! If you want a slight drop, and a little stiffer ride, the Mopar is a choice. If you want more lowering, the Eibach has generally 2 stages. Pro and Sport

Pro 1.4" to 1.7" advertised

Sport 2.0" to 2.1" advertised (likely need additional parts to get proper alignment)

A Guy

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
@A Guy are the STP springs the SRT springs? If so I have a set of those I bought from a member here laying on my garage (For about 2 years now) as I try to decide how low I want my car. I wonder how much the rest of the Super Track Pack suspension would cost to just use these springs. (also a buddy of mine said instead of buying another set of springs just have 1/2 of a coil taken out of these).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
I do not know if the STP springs, and SRT springs are the same. The STP package generally (I can't speak to specifics for 2014), includes what they call performance brakes, and performance suspension (no details I know of) among other things like rear gear ratio, performance pages, and paddle shifters. However, the STP cars sit slightly lower, as the package listed above alludes to with the " up to a 0.5" drop".

I suspect the SRT springs, regardless of height, have a different spring rate as well. I'd assume they are more performance oriented than the STP springs, but again, just my assumption.

As far as lowering by cutting coils, that was the preferred method back in the day (as opposed to heating springs to make them sag!). However, cutting coils does also affect the spring rate, but to some unknown quantity, and of course depending to how much coil is cut. It is the cheaper method to achieve a drop in ride height, and may indeed work out just fine for increased stiffness, etc. But actual lowering springs, or stock, uncut SRT springs have these factors engineered in. Of course, to be coupled with the other SRT features. But stock SRT springs will have a known height, and spring rate.

I believe others have added SRT springs to achieve a lower, stiffer, better handling ride, so it's not a completely unknown quantity.

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
The 2014 R/T Shakers came with STP as part of that package - so yours has those features of STP

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hal,

thanks. i didn't know that.

I'm the second owner. When i ran the VIN online the report said "sport suspension" and not "Super Track Pack". I thought there were different kits.

I appreciate the knowledge.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A GUY,

thanks for the very detailed response. I appreciate the help.

I guess that my car came with STP already.

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
A GUY,

thanks for the very detailed response. I appreciate the help.

I guess that my car came with STP already.
Take a look underneath - especially the rear shocks.

If you see yellow color shock bodies or a black shock with a silver band / label that has yellow & blue on it - you have Bilstein shocks. That's another indicator of STP on an R/T model.

[some of the OEM packaging can be black body w/ silver/blue/yellow label for Bilstein. The consumer/ retail versions will be yellow painted shocks]

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Hal,

thanks. i didn't know that.

I'm the second owner. When i ran the VIN online the report said "sport suspension" and not "Super Track Pack". I thought there were different kits.

I appreciate the knowledge.
Sport Suspension is the Super Track Pack in Dodge speak for 2014, the standard R/T suspension would have been called Performance Suspension.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sport Suspension is the Super Track Pack in Dodge speak for 2014, the standard R/T suspension would have been called Performance Suspension.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
learning the lingo. lol Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts