Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi folks. please don't bash me because this is not exactly challenger related, but this forum seems to have a more knowledgable user base than the others i've looked on. i would really appreciate some input from some of you gurus.

i'm wanting to build a 5.7 based turbo/stroker for a street/strip project (possibly a challenger :bigthumb:). i also have a 2008 ram with a 5.7. after reading on this forum about the tuning difficulties of the 2009+ VVT engines, i figure a 2008- engine would be best for the project. so, i thought about pulling my 24K mile 5.7 out and using it for the build (low miles, probably won't need to be bored), and replacing it with the 390hp 2009+ 5.7.

my question is would it be as simple as swapping in a 2009+ 5.7, ecm, and harness? or is there some reason this wouldn't work? anybody tried this on their chalenger?

·
Registered
574 Posts
trucks have different intake manifolds which are taller and wont fit in the hood of a challenger. that much i know, im sure theres other differences in teh engines but ill let someone else chime in that knows for sure

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is it make a sense and possible install in 5.7 Hemi heads,cam, and intake manifold from SRT8 engine (2008)? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts