Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day for all!!!
I am very far far away from America where about this car know a very little and no have service)

But I have Dodge Challenger SE 2010 with engine - v6, 3.5L 4-speed
And i'm interesting to buy new engine hemi 5.7L or 6.1L and install in this car.
Pls advise to me:
1. From what car the engine will fit? (Charger, Mugnum, Chrysler 300c)?
2. What i need to buy with engine to make full swap?

Now i'm searching the engine with this complete set: complete engine with trasmissions, engine wiring, computers (ECM,BCM,TCM) and key ignition

I'm asking you all, to avoid mistakes as much as possible in future

Best regards))

·
Banned
1,079 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Here is a list of what you will need

Motor
Transmission
Radiator
PCM
Complete Harness
TCM
ABS Package
Shifter
Fuel Pump
Alternator

Not saying it cant be done but that 4 speed is the deal breaker for most that want to do the swap, If you had the 5 speed it would be a lot cheaper and easier.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You're much better off trading it in. Since you don't have a dealer where you live, just try and sell it. Then order one with the V8. That's the best suggestion I can give you. Just out of curiosity, where in the world do you live if there's no dealer anywhere around?

·
Registered
337 Posts
If my memory right Mopar Action Mag. did a artical a few month back about a guy who did just that swapped a 8 into a 6. He did say in the artical that it cost him way more to do the swap then just buying a R/t

·
Registered
387 Posts
Or... $4,300 U.S. dollars gets you a supercharger that will be MUCH easier to install and will get you to R/T power levels.

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
you'd never get the $$$ out of it for what it takes for a conversion.

Then there's the suspension stuff (and brakes) to up the to increased weight and power of the V8. Not feasible to go that way.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Here is a list of what you will need

Motor
Transmission
Radiator
PCM
Complete Harness
TCM
ABS Package
Shifter
Fuel Pump
Alternator

Not saying it cant be done but that 4 speed is the deal breaker for most that want to do the swap, If you had the 5 speed it would be a lot cheaper and easier.
Swapping that will be a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Don't forget exhaust, motor mounts, driveshaft, etc. Just buy an R/T

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
re:

You're much better off trading it in. Since you don't have a dealer where you live, just try and sell it. Then order one with the V8. That's the best suggestion I can give you. Just out of curiosity, where in the world do you live if there's no dealer anywhere around?
If i buy dodge R/T or STR8 and transport from America the Customs clearance will be cost like a new same car...
Example: i can buy SRT8 and transport here total praise will be 70-75000$...
When i buy my dodge v6 here in my city for 25000$ and it is cheap. (because normal price in Russia for dodge V6 here is 38000$)
To make swap with all detail that you advise to me all i plan to pay, with delivery total 15000$.

I live in Russia Vladivostok it is the big city but American cars is not so popular here. basically it's Japan car (Japan is not far from here)
Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
re:

I'd go supercharging over the nightmare of the swap.
I'm trying to find by the internet turbocharger (supercharger) (turbo) "ready kit"..... but no result. I ask RDP motor sport and other company they said: if you deliver to us this car we will make it. sorry we do not sell them as a kit... Maybe you know or can recommend somebody who make and sell ready kit for v6 3.5L

·
Vendor
12,553 Posts
something to remember, you have no source of assistance, therefore no programming, no tuning, no reconfiguration of the tipm, all things that will most likely be required, wiring issues

in my opinion, import a vehicle and sell the one you have, considering the lack of support, hard enough to repair, imagine a major swap with no support,

no offense you will get into this and discover you now have a boat anchor

Luke

1 - 20 of 38 Posts