Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this friday night/ sat. morning going to swap out my halogen headlights & install oem projector hid headlights! been working on the wiring harness got it done, I pluged it in with the hid headlights just sitting on hood, worked perfect, have high, low, no flicker or any problems!!!! just need to remove the front nose and swap out the headlight buckets & install the wiring harness.
hopfully it will not take any longer than 2-3 hours, just depends on how long it takes removing the nose. just having the hid lights sitting on the hood tonight while testing them, there awsome!!!!man!! they are way brighter than the halegon lights!!!!! I cant believe how much brighter they are!!!!! glad Im swapping them in!
I'll post pics of install this weekend, will give any updates

·
Registered
225 Posts
nice! picking up a pair of projectors this weekend from a fellow member. Please take a lot of pics of the install and of the harness please! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It took me 5 months and $695.00 to put them in mine.

·
Registered
562 Posts
click the link in my sig, maybe it will help

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Where did you get the new headlights? Are they the ones that would normally be on an SRT?
....if they are OEM, they should be the ones that come standard on the SRT or that are optional on the R/T (like I have).

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I got up early this friday morning, 3:00am( couldnt wait til sat.) took me 21/2 hours start to finish! Everything works perfect!!! Will go for drive tonight!.
To answer eariler question, yes these are the oem hid lights used on srt cars.
I lucked into these headlight, picked them up complete with ballist & bulbs for $250!!!! The car was being stripped for a race car!
I didn't hack up my stock harness at all, I bought 2 hid 4 pin connectors from my dodge dealer, $24.00 each! Rip off, but needed.
I was going to make my own harness, but went ahead and bought a Hid harness for aftermarket hid lights & modified it to work on my oem lights, I removed two plugs, wired in the two oem 4 pin connect I got from the dealer. Took 10 min to modifiy the harness. ( this is the best option, if you want a factory Look,.
After I removed the nose swapped the headlight, reinstalled the nose. It took 10 min. To install the new light harness. All plug & play. Everything works perfect.
I ran the new harness along the top of the radiator, next to horn harness, which is covef by the two black access panels for the headlights. When done, looks 100% factory with no headaches!!!!
Will post pics this weekend

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10:00pm went for a night drive with the newly installed oem hid projector headlight! One word.......awsome!!!!!!! Everything works, like factory! This is the first time I have ever been in or drove a car with hid lights, there us no compairision!!! Will never go back to halogen lights.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you have other drivers flash you thinking your high beams are on?
not yet, as last nite was the first time i have drove with them, I live in the country, in the 20 miles only passed 3 cars, noone flahed me.....yet?
is this a problem with oem cars with factory hid light???
I can see that it could be a problem with people putting afterrmarket hid bulbs into halogen housings.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
do you have other drivers flash you thinking your high beams are on?
....not that likely to happen with a factory set up unless it is installed and adjusted wrong. The real problem are those that are putting HID solutions in non-HID applications (i.e. reflector housings, fog lamps, etc.). Personally, it's been a year an I have yet to be flashed for my factory HID's in my R/T. The only difference between the OP and myself is that mine came from the factory that way.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry I have not posted any pics yet, I am/wanted to drive the car a night for a total of 12 hour, to make sure there is no problems, before telling everyone how I did it.
..... I have now dine the 12 hour test, everything works great, no issues a all!

I will probably just show pics of the wiring harness, the convertion, installation. Of it.
There are othe post showing how to remove the front clip.
Is there anything preticular that someone wants a pic of/ or how too?

·
Registered
225 Posts
If possible can you post pics of how you connected the BFXenon harness, how you spliced the 4 pin connector and where you put another ground in if you did as the mush was referring to in his post. And post pics of any other vital detail that is required in this conversion. Thanks! I appreciate it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know if anyone else noticed this or is it just me but with the stock headlights when making a sharp 90 degree turn it seems to have a huge blindspot with no light as you are making the turn. Did the hid lights seem to help this or did it not seem to be an issue before.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The HIDs are great. I don't have any one flash me with mine either. But one thing I did notice. When you try to flash them the HIDs give a quick "blip" and that's it. You need to turn the high beams ON and then off right away.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The stock HID's will remain on as long as you hold the lever (without the need to actually turn them on).

·
Registered
568 Posts
On the factory HID lights, high beam bulbs are halogen; low beams are HID. That's why the high beam seems weak in comparison to the low beam. At least this is true on my 2010.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts