Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got a chance to run my 2010 r/t 6spd., 3.92 gears. After I installed a Srt intake manifold, Srt header & midpipes,mbrp 3" exhaust, & a predator 93 octane CAI tune. I have been able to get my 0-60 times in the low 3 secs, my best 3.04 on Goodyear f1 tires.
Hoping to run it at the dragstripe this week, (Irp , westside of Indianapolis)if weather holds out! Should have slicks in a coupe weeks; hope to get in the 12's.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have SRT headers and mid-pipes with a custom tune, among other goodies...

What exactly does swapping the intake manifold do?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
0-60 in low 3 seconds....yikes. Maybe check your timing tool. That's a bit too much.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
A true 3.0 second 0-60 time would put you in the low 10s. Personally, I can't see the stock F1s being able to hold a car to the ground with over 600rwhp.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Yeah, sorry but 3.04 is a little bit off...

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
hey, here is a pic of my best 0-60 on my car speedo.
So your EVIC is off. Never said that's not what it showed. But as others have pointed out, it could be off. Still not believing you pulled a 3.04 0-60 time with just those mods. Nice mods, and no doubt fast, but you didn't just jump past Bugatti Veyron territory with an intake and some exhaust mods (w/ the Predator)...I wish it were that easy!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
No way in he'll you're getting a 3 sec 0-60. The car it too heavy, the tires are too skinny and the power of a stock motor just can't pull it off.

You're just smoking the tires and spinning the speedo to 60 mph. Or your evic is broken.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Didn't your Momma tell ya not to believe everything you read ?

Most likely wheel spin.
The fifty horses you may have gained by your mods won't get you to those numbers.

hey, here is a pic of my best 0-60 on my car speedo.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The 0-60 timers should just be removed, let's be honest. R/T owners out there are all of a sudden thinking their car is in/beyond super car performance range. If they insist on installing a silly 0-60 timer, they should have coupled it with something else other than the speedo. You ever sit in the water or snow and just spin the tires (or a burn out for that matter)? Pretty easy to wind up that speedo, isn't it?
I bet you could run the 0-60 timer while just doing the burn out. Someone needs to test that.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Uh guys,

EVIC timing is GREATLY affected by wheelspin. I've managed low threes on several runs on my otherwise stock SRT8 6spd. Everytime I've managed those times I had serious wheel spin shifting from 1st to 2nd. Go out & try it yourselves and prodcue your own 3 second run. I'd imagine I could get low 2's on a lengthy patch of ice (HA!). :)

Rob

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Nothing against the OP, but 3.04 could not be accurate. I do not have EVIC in my car but I wouldn't trust those numbers.

I would think maybe mid 4's would be closer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts