Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the diameter of the sway bar on a '13 R/T STP?

Trying to compare to various aftermarket options.

·
Super Moderator
13,704 Posts
I don't know if this will help you, but the anti-rolls bars on a 2009 Challenger SRT are 30mm in the front and 16mm in the rear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if this will help you, but the anti-rolls bars on a 2009 Challenger SRT are 30mm in the front and 16mm in the rear.
I've heard that the STP and SRT sway bar/anti-roll bar are the same diameter, so yes, that helps... assuming that the '09 and '13 are the same. Anyone know for sure?

·
Super Moderator
15,075 Posts
R/T 2011+ is 30mm ft / 20mm rr

SRTs have been 30mm ft / 16mm rr, but may have been revised to 20mm rr as well.

The pre '11 non-STP R/Ts were 16mm rear.

·
Super Moderator
15,075 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

How do you like the Sportline/Hotchkis combo?
A lot - I had the Hotchkis sway bars for the first four years (big improvement there) and waited and read up on springs/shocks to figure out what to go with next.

The stock shocks were too soft and the Nivomats make for a kind of stiff ride and the there was the tire/fender gap that was huge...the Nivomats certainly contributed to that in the rear.

The stance and height look so much better...the firmer Eibach shocks were a big improvement:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
A lot - I had the Hotchkis sway bars for the first four years (big improvement there) and waited and read up on springs/shocks to figure out what to go with next.

The stock shocks were too soft and the Nivomats make for a kind of stiff ride and the there was the tire/fender gap that was huge...the Nivomats certainly contributed to that in the rear.

The stance and height look so much better...the firmer Eibach shocks were a big improvement:
Did you have any alignment issues with the Sportline shocks?

·
Super Moderator
15,075 Posts
Did you have any alignment issues with the Sportline shocks?
No - the shocks are the same units whether for the Pro or Sport springs. Designed for the lower ride height.

·
Registered
477 Posts

They're about this diameter...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
my 2013 challenger classic with stp came with a 16mm rear sway bar.......

>>>According to Hal, unless he made a boo boo

R/T 2011+ is 30mm ft / 20mm rr

SRTs have been 30mm ft / 16mm rr, but may have been revised to 20mm rr as well.

The pre '11 non-STP R/Ts were 16mm rear.

I have no clue on the diameter i never measured mY 2012 R/T AUTO

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does anyone know which sway bar kit by hotchkis is correct for a 2013 challenger srt8? Some vendor websites say 22107 which is 38 mm from and 19mm back. Then other sites say 2013 switched to kit 22121 which is 38mm front and 22mm back. Having a hard time finding out which is corrects

If anyone knows it would be appreciat

·
Super Moderator
15,075 Posts
Does anyone know which sway bar kit by hotchkis is correct for a 2013 challenger srt8? Some vendor websites say 22107 which is 38 mm from and 19mm back. Then other sites say 2013 switched to kit 22121 which is 38mm front and 22mm back. Having a hard time finding out which is corrects

If anyone knows it would be appreciat
From Hotchkis site:

The kit #22107 [listed for '09-'11 Challenger]
38mm ft / 19mm rr

Kit #22121 doesn't list the sizes
application for:
'13 R/T
'13-14 SRT8
'13 SXT

Another member on the forum measured his non-STP R/T ['13] and reported his was 20mm...so either he measured on a bend where its thicker vs. the main center section to get the true diameter of the rear bar.

So we'll need some others to measure their '11+ R/T to see what is used now.

The STP R/T is supposed to be the rear Mopar bar @ 20mm.

·
Super Moderator
15,075 Posts
I'd probably recommend contacting Hotchkis to verify that...just so you have the correct information from the supplier/OEM.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
If Dodge is providing a larger rear sway, the 20mm one, has anyone looked into getting it for a R/T or SRT that has the 16mm?

·
Registered
26 Posts
hal h, I got into a big argument with Chrysler themselves with the wrong wheels and the rear bar on my stp being 16mm and they told me the 16mm was correct, think I just got screwed out of a set of wheels and rear bar. . . . they did NOT take care of anything and to be honest still leaves a sour taste in my mouth, was my first new car buying experience, did the research and test drove a lot of cars and what they was suppose to have by the options and special ordered what I wanted from the factory only to get screwed out of some stuff.....have been a mopar guy for a long time I have had several A bodys, B bodys, and even an E body....almost sold current project and dropped off new challenger at dealership. . . . even looked a few Camaro's I was so pissed. . . . only thing that stopped me is the fact that I see them everywhere. . . . . . . . . . . . but still really close....

·
Registered
477 Posts
hal h, I got into a big argument with Chrysler themselves with the wrong wheels and the rear bar on my stp being 16mm and they told me the 16mm was correct, think I just got screwed out of a set of wheels and rear bar.
Hi JR, the suspension was the first thing to go on mine and I'd not have it any other way. Do yourself a favor and dump the stock stuff and go with either Eibach or Hotchkis and be lot happier. Do everything; sways, struts, shocks, front and rear shock tower braces and buy some decent rubber for the wheels. If you haven't bought a tuner yet you're gonna need that too. It is just the way it is.

OEM's make cars for the masses and the aftermarket allows us to make these cars our own. Enjoy the ride...and the drain on your checking account.:werd:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Hal, the information i put on top of this thread by going what you had said would that be correct R/T 2011+ is 30mm ft / 20mm rr
for my 2012 R/T auto?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts