Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I installed Petty’s Garage front adjustable sway bar and Razors Edge adjustable end links. I have gotten around to installing the rear. However, I wanted to get some input as to the proper way to adjust the end links so that there is zero preload. So far in my research I have gathered that I need to ensure that the wheels are on the ground and that I should be in the drivers seat or my weight equivalent.

Can I have the front wheels on a ramp and the rear on the ground? Also, should I also account for the weight of a passenger in the front seat? I typically have my wife and kids with me when we are cruising and I am driving slightly spirited.

I haven’t found anything regarding accounting for passenger weight, so I figured I would see what you all think. I haven’t found anything at all about adjusting the rear once I do that. What would be the process for that? Thanks in advance.

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,643 Posts
Tim, might want to see if you get same results with passengers as well. Set it for driver, then add passengers and see if it changes. Almost everyone recommends corner balancing as well.

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks A guy. I just makes sense to me to account for the wife being in the car since she usually is. Whenever we are cruising and enjoying the corners. Perhaps I’m the only one that likes to torment the wife and kids. Well mainly my daughter.... LOL! She thinks taking a tight corner between 25-35mph is fast. Thanks again and hopefully others will chime in as well.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also....

I did watch that video already. Seems everyone says to account for the driver’s weight. Although I thinks this is the case if you are the only person in the car. It would just make sense to me to account for the extra weight on both sides.

Let’s hear from others.....

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
With a sway bar - you want both left and right sides on the ground (or on a ramp) so that the bar is neutral - as its a torsion bar and when one side is lower / higher than the other, the other end of the bar is resisting that force.

for example, you could have all four corners on ramps, it would be the same as being flat on the ground.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With a sway bar - you want both left and right sides on the ground (or on a ramp) so that the bar is neutral - as its a torsion bar and when one side is lower / higher than the other, the other end of the bar is resisting that force.

for example, you could have all four corners on ramps, it would be the same as being flat on the ground.

Thanks Hal.

I did have both sides on a ramp. The rear was on the ground though. It would seem that it wouldn’t affect adjustments up from when like that.

Any thoughts as far as adjusting for passenger weight? Either accounting for front passenger or also for passengers in the rear. Versus just adjusting for the drivers weight as all the sites and videos say.

Thanks,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
Thanks Hal.

I did have both sides on a ramp. The rear was on the ground though. It would seem that it wouldn’t affect adjustments up from when like that.

Any thoughts as far as adjusting for passenger weight? Either accounting for front passenger or also for passengers in the rear. Versus just adjusting for the drivers weight as all the sites and videos say.

Thanks,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd suppose that you set with the idea that there's always a driver in the vehicle and beyond the static weight distribution, you're going to have 150-240# of weight depending on the size / height of the driver

Reactions: hemi1031
1 - 7 of 7 Posts