Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am assuming the regular Scat does have a front sway bar, unlike the WB Scat. Is the WB Scat sway bar as good as the aftermarket options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I can tell you I just installed the Eibach sway bar on my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker and it's night and day as far as roll and more importantly recovery on hard turns. It's probably the best upgrade I've installed.

·
Super Moderator
15,732 Posts
standard Scat Pack front bar is 32mm / the Scat Pack WB Competition front bar is 34mm

rear: standard SP is 19mm / SP WB Comp version is 22mm

there's aftermarket front bars that range from 34mm - 38mm

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
standard Scat Pack front bar is 32mm / the Scat Pack WB Competition front bar is 34mm

The Eibach front are 34mm...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

To my understanding the WB sway bars are hollow hence less weight any advantage there or is the same as the after market ones?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
My sway bar will be installed tomorrow.
5D5760D8-0BC3-467A-83B5-BEA4531DD5B3.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,512 Posts
To my understanding the WB sway bars are hollow hence less weight any advantage there or is the same as the after market ones?

A Guy

Reactions: JavierA

·
Super Moderator
15,732 Posts
I know the Hotchkis front bar (38mm) is hollow; I had one on my first Challenger ('09)

- I believe the Eibach would be as well (34mm) from other posts I've read. I have an AMG / Eibach front bar on my 'Benz and its hollow.

Generally a larger hollow bar can have a higher in.lb. rate than a smaller solid bar - so rather than adding a lot of mass, upsize the bar and make it hollow.

The difference in the rear bar the 'Cat WB rear solid (22mm) is 5.5# heavier than the same 22mm hollow bar for the WB Scat Pack

So the Eibach would probably perform the same as the SP WB bar - if one or the other had a thicker wall, it would have a higher in.lb. rating (stiffer). Its unlikely anyone is publishing information down to that level of detail.

From my (past) experience, I didn't want to have to deal with annual re-greasing poly bushings. The front ones get a lot of heat from the cats / exhaust (despite the heat shields) and they'd groan / squeak when weather got cold or really hot once the grease had dried up.

I went with OEM parts since they use a (rather stiff) rubber bushing that doesn't require / need greasing. Its one less maintenance item to deal with.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Just had my sway bar installed,
Will take it out this weekend, but on the way home I hit a few nice curvy roads
Really a nice difference ,
595098ED-FF7D-49E3-90EA-B33A0BCE4794.jpeg
E864E609-4582-4F2E-BF3E-B18BFEC16668.jpeg

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the Hotchkis front bar (38mm) is hollow; I had one on my first Challenger ('09)

- I believe the Eibach would be as well (34mm) from other posts I've read. I have an AMG / Eibach front bar on my 'Benz and its hollow.

Generally a larger hollow bar can have a higher in.lb. rate than a smaller solid bar - so rather than adding a lot of mass, upsize the bar and make it hollow.

The difference in the rear bar the 'Cat WB rear solid (22mm) is 5.5# heavier than the same 22mm hollow bar for the WB Scat Pack

So the Eibach would probably perform the same as the SP WB bar - if one or the other had a thicker wall, it would have a higher in.lb. rating (stiffer). Its unlikely anyone is publishing information down to that level of detail.

From my (past) experience, I didn't want to have to deal with annual re-greasing poly bushings. The front ones get a lot of heat from the cats / exhaust (despite the heat shields) and they'd groan / squeak when weather got cold or really hot once the grease had dried up.

I went with OEM parts since they use a (rather stiff) rubber bushing that doesn't require / need greasing. Its one less maintenance item to deal with.
So rather I switched to a hotchkis or eibach, WB scat sway bar I would get pretty much a upgrade from my non wb stock sway bar, they will all perform smiliar and I am able to use my own hardware on all of them?

·
Super Moderator
15,732 Posts
you have to use new bushings since they all have larger diameter than the stock. The aftermarket ones come with new bushings. For the OEM parts, you order the appropriate bushings (called isolators in the parts listings)

They mount using the stock brackets and end links -

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you have to use new bushings since they all have larger diameter than the stock. The aftermarket ones come with new bushings. For the OEM parts, you order the appropriate bushings (called isolators in the parts listings)

They mount using the stock brackets and end links -
It seems it wouldn’t be easier to get eb WB sway bar with the WB bushings, or I can use the WB bushings with Eibach? If I understand correctly

·
Registered
375 Posts
That's interesting they are 'hollow' . Excellent thread, and great pics !

I guess if I got the car off the ground high enough, this could be a DIY project ? If you have a large enough ratchet /breaker bar.
I changed out front sway bar end links on my D-Ram, Busted my knuckles pretty good on that project. But it was worth it.
Thanks for the Idea !
best regards
parrott

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
here is a short test drive with the new sway bar
Average speed was about 50

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That's interesting they are 'hollow' . Excellent thread, and great pics !

I guess if I got the car off the ground high enough, this could be a DIY project ? If you have a large enough ratchet /breaker bar.
I changed out front sway bar end links on my D-Ram, Busted my knuckles pretty good on that project. But it was worth it.
Thanks for the Idea !
best regards
parrott
I replaced it on my Rhino Ramps in less then 30 minutes.

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
I replaced it on my Rhino Ramps in less then 30 minutes.
How much clearance did that give you? What I mean is, how far off the ground was the front end? If I decide to do this, I'll be laying on my back on the pavement.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
How much clearance did that give you? What I mean is, how far off the ground was the front end? If I decide to do this, I'll be laying on my back on the pavement.
I have the regular Rhino Ramp which are like 8" off the floor. You'll have plenty of room to work on the front sway bar. I slid from the front...

This pic was the car on the Rhino ramps and me under the car.

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts