Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a '15 rt with black cloth seats and my drivers side is covered with salty sweat stains(I'm a bit of a gym rat).

I've been trying every method I can think of to get these stains out but with only minor improvement. I've used all purpose cleaner, fabric cleaner, towels, brushes, even a toothbrush. Nothing seems to get these stains out. Anyone have any idea what I can do to get this crap off my seat? Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maybe try Griots Interior Cleaner. It seems to get stuff out nothing else will.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,634 Posts

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,000 Posts
If it is just sweat a damp wash cloth with water should take it off (I suppose distilled just in case you have bad tap water). All it is water and salt unless you use some kind of body lotion. Any other chemical could conceivably interact with the salt.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Something like that you need a professional with a hot water extractor.

Scrubbing it is just going to push the soiling deeper into the fabric while leaving soap residue behind that will also attract dirt.

·
Registered
94 Posts
All great cleaning tips above, and after you get the seat cleaned, I would suggest a seat cover or at least a big beach towel to protect the seat for the ride back home after your workout. I have leather seats, but I still cover my drivers seat to protect it from sweat and odors. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
doesn't your gym have showers???
:grin2:

I have leather seats. I'm a runner, so when I go to a trail and do my thing, I drape a bath towel over my seat on the drive home so I don't get my sweat or BO into the leather. It works for me.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
All great cleaning tips above, and after you get the seat cleaned, I would suggest a seat cover or at least a big beach towel to protect the seat for the ride back home after your workout. I have leather seats, but I still cover my drivers seat to protect it from sweat and odors. Good luck!
Seat covers that cover the whole seat might be bad if there's side airbags on the seat. Good idea to just use a towel like you mentioned. I use those plastic protective covers dealerships put on to keep the seat clean for now. Probably not a good idea and it looks ridiculous. When I power lift I get chalk all over myself too so I need some sort of method to keep the seats clean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts