Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a Sweet-Thunder exhaust installed on an R/T, I would greatly appreciate hearing a sound clip or seeing a video. Prefer it to be on a Automatic, but will listen to anything. On the Sweet-Thunder website there are sound clips, but they are not the greatest quality, and therefore I cannot make up my mind.

I'm trying to determine whether or not to bite the bullet and buy a Corsa Cat-Back system, or go with the Sweet Thunder's. The ST's, are half the price, look to be very well designed, and reportedly do not have any drone. I'm just worried they might be a little too loud for me. I'm looking for the performance boost, but not to the point where I hear it roaring at all speeds, and scare women and children.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I've never heard of them, but they look ok. The sound files don't work on their website. I have heard Chargers, 300's and Challengers with the Corsa catbacks and I don't like the sound much at all. A coworker has a Borla one and it's better, but doesn't sound much like a muscle car to me. One friend's Charger has a custom Flowmaster system with super 44 mufflers, and unknown make resonators and it sounds great, but that car has a cam and other mods, so I don't know what it would sound like on a stockish R/T. If you find sound or vid files that work, please post the links!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I have the SweetThunder cat-back exhaust on my R/T 6-speed and Love it!! When I first put it on thought it was kinda loud but I have gotten used to it,and I always get compliments on it.MOPARSRULE!!!Wolffy:thumbsup:(p.s.---if I new how to send a sound clip, I would.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the SweetThunder cat-back exhaust on my R/T 6-speed and Love it!! When I first put it on thought it was kinda loud but I have gotten used to it,and I always get compliments on it.MOPARSRULE!!!Wolffy:thumbsup:(p.s.---if I new how to send a sound clip, I would.)

Dude, you need to take me for a spin in your car at our next meet. I remember you car sounding nice in the parking lot, but would love to hear it from inside the cabin.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I listened to the sounds on their website.. I think I needed to use IE to hear them. Thinking about just buying their chamber mufflers and removing the suitcase and using them with or without resonators.

I will say the clips on line sound great, and the price is not bad for a cat-back. I just don't think there would be any real performance difference between the full cat back and replacing existing muffler with their chamber mufflers

Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Flowmaster Resonators/Straight Pipes

Bobby, I live in Anderson, SC; don't know how close you are. Would be glad to meet you let you hear what I have done.

I struggled with the muffler issue for about four months and finally bought the Flowmaster Catbacks. They were too quiet and were no louder than the stock mufflers with a few thousand miles on them.

I went to my local exhaust guy and we decided to remove the flowmaster mufflers and now I am running straight pipes from the cats to the resonators. It sounds fabulous!! Just what I wanted. I am 64 years old and am a working professional and don't consider myself a hot-rodder, but the sound is perfect.

One caveat, it does have a drone, but only at 1,500 RPM. This is about 60-65 MPH in sixth gear, and I almost never drive at that speed. On interstates, I drive 70-80 and in town, I am under 50, so the drone is not an issue. Best mod I have made!!

I have a 2010 Tored R/T, 6 speed with CAI, Hurst shifter, catch can, hood struts, SRT wheels and black spoiler, removed all decals, including side "Challenger" script.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ragtop,

I live in Belton, SC so we are very close. Yes, I would like to hear what you've done to your R/T. Let me know when you are going to be out and about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts