Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

Through an importer I bought a 2010 dodge challeger SRT8, because it is not through the normal Dodge dealer to get in Belgium.

This has been a full european update, such as navigation etc. ..

I experience the following problem, when the counter reaches 120 km i hear a speed alarm signal.

Can anyone help me how I can put it off, this is quite frustrating, especially when I drive on highway where you have to drive 120 km.

thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
That is the first I've heard of a speed alarm on these cars. 120 kph is about 74.6 mph; lots of folks drive that fast around here.

I wonder if it is a country specific additon. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I believe its for certain countries. I think the only way to turn it off is with a StarScan/StarMobile. Possibly with the EVIC controls??? Not 100% sure on this one.

·
Registered
597 Posts
We're KPH up here and I've had mine up to 150 a few times without any alarms. Maybe an overseas feature?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply, I've already tried the navigation menu and in the Evic Menu bit can not find any settings for this.
Not that I ever drive more than 120 km of course, but I would still like to switch off?

So if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate

Thanks,
Wim

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm certain it's not country related. The one I tried last year (2010 SRT here in Luxembourg) didn't do it. I suppose it's an option in the advanced settings of EVIC. If you don't find it, go to your importer. Eitherway, you will need a dealer who has a computer for US cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts