Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a pair of oracle led switchback bulbs. Easy installation, but I remove the stock turning light bulb and replace it of course with the correct type of switchback bulb and it fits absolutely perfect in the socket... Then I put power on and they do not turn on... What's so ever. I tried both bulbs and both sockets. I followed the directions. I just find it hard to believe I had two bad products. Please help if you have any other ideas, thanks you

·
Registered
357 Posts
You need resistors, these bulbs are not direct swaps. The computer is looking for a higher wattage bulb than the led bulbs... check out diode dynamics a vendor on this site

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C13RT, please please elaborate a bit more if you can. Which resistors? How to install? A bit more information would be great! Thank you :)

You need resistors, these bulbs are not direct swaps. The computer is looking for a higher wattage bulb than the led bulbs... check out diode dynamics a vendor on this site

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the load resistors or equalizers too, the ones they recommend but I didn't install it because I though it for was when you only have problems with turn signal, do I need to install it befor?

·
Banned
1,898 Posts
You do need to install them before and if you have your DRLs activated they need to be turned off before these bulbs will work correctly. Also these bulbs only work one way. If when you install them and they don't light up flip them over and reinstall.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you, I will massage again if I bumb into any problems tomorrow when I try

You do need to install them before and if you have your DRLs activated they need to be turned off before these bulbs will work correctly. Also these bulbs only work one way. If when you install them and they don't light up flip them over and reinstall.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay you guys, I used the resistors and the lights only turn on amber white, no yellow. I tried two resistors and again only white no yellow. Tried both bulbs, same problem, called tech support and they believe it was faulty bulbs. I basically tried everything In the book but I'm returning these POS oracle bulbs. I still want the look. Can you guys please reference me to another brand I can try please? Thanks you :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Okay you guys, I used the resistors and the lights only turn on amber white, no yellow. I tried two resistors and again only white no yellow. Tried both bulbs, same problem, called tech support and they believe it was faulty bulbs. I basically tried everything In the book but I'm returning these POS oracle bulbs. I still want the look. Can you guys please reference me to another brand I can try please? Thanks you :)
How many colors are they suppose to be???? Your sentence is kind of a mess and it's hard to understand.... they should be amber when turn signals on otherwise they should be white, correct???

get a hold of these guys.... Diode Dynamics - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

They can help you out!!!

·
Supporting Vendors
1,246 Posts
If you are still having issues with your switchbacks, please feel free to send me a PM and I can provide you with more information about switchbacks.

I can tell you that you will 100% need to install the LED load resistors to prevent hyperflash and to allow the bulbs to function correctly.

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendors
1,246 Posts
Rotate them 180* degrees, LEDs do require a specific polarity and if they aren't installed the right way, they won't function at all

Nick C.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts