Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Installing AEM wide band in the next day or so.
The most common way to power it I see used is to link into the + feed to accessory plug in the front of the consol.
Any better option or is that the go to spot still?
Installing AEM Meth system in a mth or two (have to wait for it in indent order due to arrive in approx 6 weeks)
Can I use the same + feed that I will bring across for the wide band to also connect the switched feed for the AEM controller and if that is OK should I replace fuse that looks after the accessory plug circuit with a higher value one?
Thanks Phil.

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
That's really sad.

I thought of the most useless self-driving car- a Challenger. How would you like to put your car into auto mode while you "spread out" and relax in its spacious rear seat area? :laugh2:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's really sad.

I thought of the most useless self-driving car- a Challenger. How would you like to put your car into auto mode while you "spread out" and relax in its spacious rear seat area? :laugh2:
?????? I think your 12vlt feed is running at a lower voltage than required for normal operating standards.
Hopefully will get some more on point replies!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great link and info...much appreciated.
I like your idea as well. I have to bring Wideband sensor cable and a boost reference line for Meth kit through from under hood (going to use the bung near brake booster anyway so I could bring + hot cable from my intercooler pump relay as well. That relay would handle the extra load of the Wideband OK and the will only be the trigger for the Meth kits internal relay so no extra load from it.
Sound feasable / acceptable?...
Thanks again Phil.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,529 Posts
Great link and info...much appreciated.
I like your idea as well. I have to bring Wideband sensor cable and a boost reference line for Meth kit through from under hood (going to use the bung near brake booster anyway so I could bring + hot cable from my intercooler pump relay as well. That relay would handle the extra load of the Wideband OK and the will only be the trigger for the Meth kits internal relay so no extra load from it.
Sound feasable / acceptable?...
Thanks again Phil.
Depends on the amp rating of your relay. I installed a 40amp relay which is overkill for supplying power to my intercooler pump (<20amp) and my O2/boost gauge (<5amp). Just make sure you run the appropriate gauge wire (e.g. 14 gauge is good for 10ft runs at a max of 10amp).

Good luck and post some pics of your set-up.:banger:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kenne Bell go even more overboard on the relay, it is 50amp so no worries there.
Thanks for the heads up on the wire gauge to use.
Will do on the picture, going to put the meth warning/system status LED in the side of the old school style gauge pod by the door pillar trying for a retro-ish look.
Cheers Phil.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not a great shot but you get the idea. I do not mind a bit of exposed cable from the gauge, like I said retro-ish.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts