Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been researching lowering springs for the last couple of weeks for my 2017 challenger RT. I decided to have Eibach pros installed because I like the drop, but it's not too low for a daily driver. I had the shop that installed my hellcat reps 20x9 and Hankook tires 275/40r20. When I saw the final product, I was shocked how low it was. Come to find out, they installed H&R 50888 sports on because the Eibach pros were out of stock and didn't tell me. I told them I wanted Eibachs and they said they will both sit the same way. But, from all the forums i've seen, the H&R sit lower. I am now waiting for the shipment of Eibach pros to come in, which are on back order for 2 months. Anyone's car who is running Eibach pros as low as my car with H&R sport?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,796 Posts
Looks great, but yeah, low ;) Ironically, the H&R are listed as 1.7" front and 1.4" rear, while the Eibach Pro are listed as 1.4" front, and 1.7" rear. Just the opposite

That said, every H&R lowered car I have seen is lowered more than every Eibach Pro car I have seen. Your R/T should be similar to my SXT after

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great, but yeah, low ;) Ironically, the H&R are listed as 1.7" front and 1.4" rear, while the Eibach Pro are listed as 1,4" front, and 1.7" rear. Just the opposite

That said, every H&R lowered car I have seen is lowered more than every Eibach Pro car I have seen. Your R/T should be similar to my SXT after

A Guy
That’s the perfect amount of drop! I love the murdered out black look!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,796 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
that is low - when the tops of the tires are concealed by the wheel opening lip...you'll scrape a lot in driveways in/out of parking lots. Then there's speed bumps - you cross-member / trans mount studs will scrape

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Go back and either get what you paid for or have them get the right Springs

Lowering your car that much can have lasting effects on the tires, suspension, and drivetrain.

If you did not expect or want to go that low, and did not want the extra cost of what cone with lowering a vehicle that far, you have every right to go in there and fight

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go back and either get what you paid for or have them get the right Springs

Lowering your car that much can have lasting effects on the tires, suspension, and drivetrain.

If you did not expect or want to go that low, and did not want the extra cost of what cone with lowering a vehicle that far, you have every right to go in there and fight
I went back the next day confronted them about it. They ordered me the correct parts and installing them for free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is low - when the tops of the tires are concealed by the wheel opening lip...you'll scrape a lot in driveways in/out of parking lots. Then there's speed bumps - you cross-member / trans mount studs will scrape
I agree! That is my biggest concern right now. I’ve been driving super slow and being very careful.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,698 Posts
That looks Fantastic, but I agree with everyone that it's too low for driving. If your roads are like ours around here, you'll be looking at problems.

That ride height is perfect for a car show though.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts
If you were wondering what the difference between the Eibach Pro and Sport springs would look like on your car, you are pretty close now to what the Sport springs would do, except the rear is slightly lower than what the Eibach Sports would do.

BTW, you could daily drive your car with it that low, but it definitely requires some thinking ahead of the best route when the destination is known...And yes, you would kiss the road every now and again. But man, you will NOT encounter a curve you can’t straighten out with that stance :cool:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Yeah that's too low for my taste as a daily driver. I'm ordering the Eibach Pro to get just a tad lower without scraping the 9+ speed bumps in my development...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that's too low for my taste as a daily driver. I'm ordering the Eibach Pro to get just a tad lower without scraping the 9+ speed bumps in my development...
Yeah, it takes forever to get into my complex now because I have to go so slow over the speed bumps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had been researching lowering springs for the last couple of weeks for my 2017 challenger RT. I decided to have Eibach pros installed because I like the drop, but it's not too low for a daily driver. I had the shop that installed my hellcat reps 20x9 and Hankook tires 275/40r20. When I saw the final product, I was shocked how low it was. Come to find out, they installed H&R 50888 sports on because the Eibach pros were out of stock and didn't tell me. I told them I wanted Eibachs and they said they will both sit the same way. But, from all the forums i've seen, the H&R sit lower. I am now waiting for the shipment of Eibach pros to come in, which are on back order for 2 months. Anyone's car who is running Eibach pros as low as my car with H&R sport? View attachment 992528 View attachment 992529 View attachment 992530
I just bought my very first Dodge. 2015 RT with 8k on it I'm really liking the Car. It's only been a week and I'm already making a Mod list. First up is closing that gaping hole above Tires. So with all the choices for lowering it. What is best option? Thank you

20200430_192517.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
I just bought my very first Dodge. 2015 RT with 8k on it I'm really liking the Car. It's only been a week and I'm already making a Mod list. First up is closing that gaping hole above Tires. So with all the choices for lowering it. What is best option? Thank you
you’ll have to define what “best” means to you. Some folks prefer form over function, others prefer function over form. Still others prefer to operate within extreme budgetary constraints. Which springs are best will depend on where you fall in all that.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,796 Posts

With the Eibach Pro you're looking at approx. 1.5" drop. With that drop, you may well be able to get it completely aligned, or close enough that you won't have issues...without adding additional alignment parts (adjustable control arms, bolts, bushings). This is the experience I had, and after 4 years, no wear issues with tires. My drop

With Eibach Sportline, you get approx. a 2" drop, and will almost assuredly need parts for a proper alignment. Same is true with H&R springs.

I can only speak to my Pros, but while another 1/2" drop would look better, speed bumps, driveways, etc. would be harder, and of course the cost of additional alignment parts.

Coilovers are another alternative, you can dial in your height, but again, going over the 1.5" drop will result in the same issues, and the coilovers cost considerably more

Hopefully some help for you ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,698 Posts

With the Eibach Pro you're looking at approx. 1.5" drop. With that drop, you may well be able to get it completely aligned, or close enough that you won't have issues...without adding additional alignment parts (adjustable control arms, bolts, bushings). This is the experience I had, and after 4 years, no wear issues with tires. My drop

View attachment 993319

With Eibach Sportline, you get approx. a 2" drop, and will almost assuredly need parts for a proper alignment. Same is true with H&R springs.

I can only speak to my Pros, but while another 1/2" drop would look better, speed bumps, driveways, etc. would be harder, and of course the cost of additional alignment parts.

Coilovers are another alternative, you can dial in your height, but again, going over the 1.5" drop will result in the same issues, and the coilovers cost considerably more

Hopefully some help for you ;)

A Guy
Putting her on airbags is also an option, but a costly one. I was thinking about putting Ruby on bags until I saw how the Eibach Pro springs stance looks. The upside to bags is that I could get any ride height that I wanted while driving, raise her up over obstacles and then put her in the weeds while parked. The biggest to me downside is the cost.

Different topic altogether, but your Challenger is Sick looking (that was directed to A Guy)!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,796 Posts
No virus! :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
The Eibach Sports purport to drop it only 1.7” IIRC, so only a quarter inch or so more than the Pros. That is online with what I got out of them.

The Mopar Stage 1 springs are an option, advertising a 1” drop I believe. I had some that ended up dropping my Charger closer to 2” by the time I replaced them with the Sports, which raised me up a quarter inch BTW. I’m wondering if the Stage 1s were just worn out and sagging to allow that much drop by now (got them used and ran them ~80K miles).

And then there is also the option of installing some OE springs from an SRT or Hellcat. The drop will not be quite an inch, but it should be close (~3/4”).

Cutting a coil off the springs already in the car is an option too, and while I have done that 2 different times, I don’t recommend it. It’s too easy to get wrong and there are too many aftermarket options that do the same thing for cutting the stock springs to be a worthwhile option IMHO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts