Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having some mobility issues and I’d like to install a swivel but keep the factory seat. Anyone already do this or have suggestions. I don’t want to sell or let the car sit. It’s a 2010 SRT8.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SXT Frostbite
79 Posts
I’m having some mobility issues and I’d like to install a swivel but keep the factory seat. Anyone already do this or have suggestions. I don’t want to sell or let the car sit. It’s a 2010 SRT8.
Back in 1973-1974 chevy had a swivel seat option for the Malibu model. Worked really well.
Possibly look into seeing if that seat assy would adapt to the challenger seat.
Also possibly one of the seat manufactures offer a swivel seat base for modern cars.
Cuda Vic, I Just found this seat manufacturer link: ps://www.glideengineering.com
Good luck with the search..........

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Most swivel I see are complete seats. Depending on your mobility, might look into a lower cost alternative

A Guy

Reactions: Ashoka

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,607 Posts
Back in 1973-1974 chevy had a swivel seat option for the Malibu model. Worked really well.
Possibly look into seeing if that seat assy would adapt to the challenger seat.
Also possibly one of the seat manufactures offer a swivel seat base for modern cars.
Cuda Vic, I Just found this seat manufacturer link: ps://www.glideengineering.com
Good luck with the search..........
The mid 70's Monte Carlo's had them too. They were actually quite slick!

.You beat me to it Wm. Internet Rock DJ! :D

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
FWIW, back in the 80s we put swivel seat bases in for the captain's chairs (blue velvet!) in our Van, mainly used for facing the back, but could spin 360°. May be a way to modify something like those (if you can ever find them now).

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,372 Posts
The Problem is now DOT and Insurance reasons the Swivel Seats are weaker and can come apart easier in an Auto Accident.
As to can you put one in never heard of a true DOT Safety Approved Swivel for newer Cars... Things were different then.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
The Problem is now DOT and Insurance reasons the Swivel Seats are weaker and can come apart easier in an Auto Accident.
As to can you put one in never heard of a true DOT Safety Approved Swivel for newer Cars... Things were different then.
I know what you mean, but I think a LOT of accessibility alterations are no where near DOT Safety Approved, at least not crash tested. But if it give people a choice instead of not being able to drive on their own, I'm all for it. As long as it doesn't endanger others, who know, I may need something someday.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,372 Posts
Yeah I agree but was just stating why there is no Production DOT Swivel Seats for Cars today. Id love to have some in my Challenger for easier accessibility as well but that is how it is today.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
Most swivel I see are complete seats. Depending on your mobility, might look into a lower cost alternative

A Guy
You never cease to amaze me with your research and links!

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
202 Posts
Might check with the dealer. I know they can send vehicles off for conversions for disabled drivers when you buy it new, worst case they SHOULD be able to give you the name of the place they would send it off to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts