Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update- Dodge is not going to cover the car and told me that my 2010 was only covered until Nov 2012. I wont lie I am shocked but whatever. I told them to park it outside and I will come get it.

Yep that's right. Saturday night me and the neighbors were all bored and started talking trash. We have a big open lot at the end of our court that I use as my personal tire shredding site. LOL Started up the Challenger and let her warm up for a few minutes, jumped in and weeeee. Got around twice before I could tell the pump took a shit. LOL Whatever lets see what the dealer says. Kind of silly that this would happen. Interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Refreshing to hear someone with a failed part on there car not rant about how they will never buy a dodge again, blah, blah, blah.

That's what warranties are for.

It still sucks but I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who knows maybe they will blame it on my 22"s or something. We will see. I mean heck the car makes 550 rwhp a donut shouldn't break it lol.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
It's a known issue that the PS pump will croak doing donuts with the steering at the end of its travel. This has been discussed before recently.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Yep - same thing happened to my mate a few weeks back who also has a '14 srt8 Chally. He was doing donuts for about 3 minutes on a concrete pad with full lock.
Sounds like this is a bit of a trick to watch out for.....

Cheers

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHA No big deal. If they don't cover it, they can kiss my butt. I will fix it myself. Pretty funny though. This was destruction on my behalf so no blame to Dodge

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Do they overheat when at full lock for extended periods or over pressurize or something?

By failure is it the mechanical parts failing or do they blow a seal or hose or something ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
55 Posts
Weird, what would be the cause of this? I've spun my car more than a few times w no ill effects

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its pretty pitiful. I did 2 donuts and wiped out the steering. Now instead of being understanding, I am disappointed. Missing my Z06 a bit right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts